List of Haryanvi-language films
|South Asian cinema|
Haryanvi films are films in the Haryanvi dialect of Hindi. Due to the dominance of the Mumbai-based Hindi film industry, films in Haryanvi were not extensively produced until the 1980s. The financial success of Devi Shankar Prabhakar's Chandrawal (1984) was largely responsible for the continuing production of Haryanvi films, although none have been as successful. Other films such as Phool Badan and Chora Haryane Ka followed with only about one out of twelve films being profitable at the box office. In 2000, Aswini Chowdhary won the Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director at the National Film Awards for the Haryanvi film Laddo. In 2010 the government of Haryana announced they were considering establishing a film board to promote Haryanvi-language films. Unlike other state governments, Haryana's does not subsidize the production of regional films or exempt them from the entertainment tax. At the 62nd National Film Awards, the Haryanvi movie Pagdi The Honour won the award for Best Feature Film in Haryanvi and Baljinder Kaur won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the same.
2015 Fighter War 4 Love - Vijay Verma
- "'Haryanvi movies need govt push'". Times of India. October 6, 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Press Trust of India (September 16, 2000). "President to give away national film awards on Sept 18". Indian Express. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Haryana may set up board to promote Haryanvi films". The Hindu. Chennai, India. October 3, 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- India, a reference annual. Publications Division, Indian Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. 2001. p. 285.
- "Political Statement". Indian Express. June 10, 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Chandrawal-2: After years of honour killing, again a reel story - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Pagdi: The Honour's Haryanvi actress Baljinder Kaur was given the best supporting actress award".
- "Best Haryanvi Film: "Pagdi The Honour"".
- uttar kumar movie