Raozan power station
|Raozan Thermal Power Station|
Location of Raozan Thermal Power Station in Bangladesh
|Official name||Raozan Tap Biddyut Kendro|
|Location||Raozan Upazila of Chittagong District|
|Commission date||31 July 1993|
|Owner(s)||Bangladesh Power Development Board|
|Thermal power station|
|Primary fuel||Natural gas|
|Units operational||2 X 210 MW|
|Make and model||Dong Fang|
Raozan Power Station is a thermal power station in Bangladesh. It is located in Raozan Upazila of Chittagong District 25 kilometres (16 mi) north-east from Chittagong on the south side of the Chittagong–Kaptai Highway. It is owned and operated by the Bangladesh Power Development Board.
Construction of the power station started on 1 February 1990 and the first unit was commissioned on 31 July 1993. It was constructed and credited by the China National Machinery and Equipment Import and Export Corporation.
The power station consists of two identical gas-fired units with initial capacity of 210 MW and generating capacity of 180 MW both. It is supplied from the Bakhrabad and Feni gas fields, and from the Sangu offshore field.
The N210-12.9-538/538 super high pressure intermediate reheat condensing, three cylinder double exhaustion turbo set turbine, installed at the Unit 1, was manufactured by Dong Fang of China. It has rated capacity of 210 MW and a normal speed of 3,000 RPM. The steam flow at rated parameter at full load is 652.5 t/h at the temperature of 538 °C (1,000 °F) with a live steam pressure of 12.9 MPa. The turbine was delivered in July 1991.
The boiler is a DG-680/13.7-14 type of super high pressure, one intermediate re-heat cycle and single drum natural cyclic type boiler manufactured by Dong Fang of China. It has a steam generating capacity of 680 t/h generating 541 °C (1,006 °F) 13.73 MPa pressured steam at the boiler outlet. At full load, it consumes 52695.4m3/h of natural gas. The efficiency of the boiler is rated at 94.93%. Transformers are manufactured by Shen Yang of China.
- "China to build second Raozan plant". Modern Power Systems (Progressive Media Markets Ltd.) 14 (8): 5. August 1994. ISSN 0260-7840.
- "Description of the generation of various Power Stations" (PDF). Bangladesh Power Development Board. 2003-03-31. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "Chaotic scenario in power sector". The Daily Star. 2006-09-29. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "Power outage on rise as gas shortage hits generation". The Daily Star. 2009-02-12. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "Power plants frequently trip for shortage of gas supply". The Independent. 2001-05-15. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- Shahnaj Begum. "Sangu depleting fast, can't lift gas after Sept 2009". The Independent. Retrieved 2009-03-01.