|English: The Song of Youth|
|National March of Bangladesh|
National march of Bangladesh
|Lyrics||Kazi Nazrul Islam, 1928|
|Music||Kazi Nazrul Islam, 1928|
|Adopted||13 January 1972|
Notuner Gaan (Bengali: নতুনের গান, The Song of Youth), more popularly known (after its first line) as Chol Chol Chol is the national march (Bengali: রণ-সঙ্গীত) of Bangladesh., whose lyrics and tune were written by national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam in 1928. It was first published in the newspaper Shikha (শিখা Flame) with the title Notuner Gaan (নতুনের গান The Song of Youth) and was later included in Nazrul's book Shondha (সন্ধ্যা The Evening). The Bangladeshi government adopted this song as the national marching song of Bangladesh on 13 January 1972 in its first meeting after the country's independence. The first lines of the song are played at most military ceremonies or functions. The Daily Star has referred to it as the national military song.
চল্ চল্ চল্
Chôl Chôl Chôl
March, March, March
Here are the rest of the original lyrics from which the National march of Bangladesh came (continuing from the last section):
|Bengali||Transliteration||English translation |
ঊর্ধ্ব আদেশ হানিছে বাজ,
Urddhô adesh hanichhe baaj
On high the ery to charge is made,
- Amar Shonar Bangla (The national anthem of Bangladesh)
- O Mon Romzaner Oi Rozar Sheshe (Most famous Bengali song of Eid ul Fitr)
- "NATIONAL SYMBOLS→National march". Bangladesh Tourism Board. Bangladesh: Ministry of Civil Aviation & Tourism. Archived from the original on 28 December 2016. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
In 13 January 1972, the ministry of Bangladesh has adopted this song as a national marching song on its first meeting after the country's independence.
- "India-Bangladesh Joint Celebration, 113th birth anniversary of Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam and 90th year of his poem `Rebel'". Prime Minister's Office, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "The rebel poet". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "চল্ চল্ চল্". NazrulGeeti.org. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "চল্ চল্ চল্" (PDF). Rebelpoetnazrul. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Marching Song". Nazrul.org. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "চল্ চল্ চল্". নজরুলগীতি.অর্গ. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Marching Song Chal Chal Chal
- Marching Song (Chal Chal Chal)