|Broadcast area||United States|
|Slogan||The channel for medical professionals.|
|First air date||2007-03-26|
|Format||Medical news, information, and continuing medical education|
|Class||Internet Radio Station|
|Owner||US HealthConnect, Inc. (parent organization)|
ReachMD helps healthcare professionals discover, participate in, and share medical education and clinical information through on demand programming and 24/7 streaming broadcasts. Its content is offered on air, online, and via mobile apps and includes video, audio, slides, and text-based formats. The ReachMD distribution network includes websites and mobile apps of ReachMD, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Stitcher, iTunes, and more. ReachMD has produced more than 8,500 medical broadcasts featuring clinical research, medical practice, disease management, and patient care strategies.
ReachMD launched on 26 March 2007 and was originally broadcast on XM Satellite radio, brought to XM Satellite in cooperation with Premiere Networks. On December 21, 2011, ReachMD was acquired by US HealthConnect Inc. with the intent to become an Internet Radio broadcaster. Effective October 18, 2013, ReachMD joined Clear Channel's iHeartRadio platform and became exclusively an Internet Radio broadcaster offering its content on air, online, and on mobile devices through Internet platforms. In 2014 ReachMD joined Tunein's platform, and in 2015 it joined Stitcher's platform (both of which are digital radio stations).
ReachMD offers pre-recorded programs in three categories: (1) continuing medical education (CME) content, which offers credit to participating healthcare professionals; (2) editorial content, which is curated by ReachMD's editors and medical staff; and (3) industry features, which are developed by enterprises in the life sciences industry.
ReachMD has more than 60 named series of pre-recorded programs (such as Lipid Luminations and Diabetes Discourse). The channel's original content is produced in the ReachMD headquarters in Fort Washington, PA, or is captured during live medical meetings nationwide.
ReachMD emphasizes that the channel is made exclusively for medical professionals and not consumers. While website registration is not required to access content, if users register they receive customized content that matches their profession and specialty. Website registration is required to obtain CME or CE credits.
- Clinician's Roundtable: Interviews with the top thought leaders in medicine exploring the clinical and professional issues that are foremost in the minds of the medical community.
- Conference Coverage: Conference Coverage brings to life medical conferences from around the world.
- Diabetes Discourse: Features renowned healthcare professionals discussing the latest topics on diabetes: therapies, research, technology, clinical studies, treatments, and more.
- FDA Voice and FDA Patient Safety News: Features public safety notices, patient safety news, and more.
- GI Insights: GI Insights highlights the latest clinical issues, trends and technologies in gastroenterological practice.
- Grand Rounds Nation CME: Grand Rounds Nation CME empowers healthcare providers with the unique opportunity to listen to educational Grand Rounds and earn continuing medical education credit.
- Lipid Lumination: A series focusing on the field of lipidology, highlighting recent advances in lipid management and heart disease. This series is sponsored by the National Lipid Association.
- Oncology Power Hour: Oncology Power Hour delivers powerful insights from leading experts on oncology trends, discoveries, and patient management strategies. Each hour features multiple topics of interest to oncology professionals nationwide.
- Partners in Practice: Provides insight into the issues experienced by advanced practice healthcare clinicians as they deliver a broad range of medical services to a diverse population, interface with other healthcare providers and navigate their own career issues.
- Primary Care Today: Features conversations with clinical experts representing a wide range of medical specialties to highlight the latest trends in primary care practice.
- Women's Health Fridays: Features faculty experts addressing a variety of clinically relevant and controversial topics facing female patients of all ages.
Online Streaming and Podcasts
ReachMD is an Internet Radio channel that offers online streaming radio 24/7 on the websites and mobile apps of ReachMD, iHeartRadio, and Tunein. On demand programming is offered on the websites and mobile apps of ReachMD, iHeartRadio, Tunein, and Stitcher. Podcast downloads are offered on iTunes and Stitcher.