|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Subdivisions||10 subdistricts, |
and 1 township
|• Total||552.02 km2 (213.14 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Yuelu District (simplified Chinese: 岳麓区; traditional Chinese: 嶽麓區; pinyin: Yuèlù qū) is one of six urban districts of Changsha City, Hunan province, China, it is the 4th most populous district (after Heshan, Dingcheng and Yueyanglou Districts) in Hunan. The district is bordered to the north by Wangcheng District, to the west by Ningxiang County, to the south by Yuhu District of Xiangtan City, across the Xiang river to the west by Tianxin, Furong and Kaifu Districts. Located on the west bank of the Xiang River, as the western part of the City proper, the district is named after Mount Yuelu, one of the national parks, Yuelu District covers 538.83 km2 (208.04 sq mi) with registered population of 644,834 and resident population of 818,900 (as of 2014). The district has 16 subdistricts and 2 towns under its jurisdiction, the government seat is at Wangyue (望岳街道).
Yuelu District is one of five districts established on 22 April 1996 as a result of adjusting the administrative districts of Changsha. It covers most of the historic West District, including South Lushan Road (麓山南路), Yinpenling (银盆岭), Juzizhou (桔子洲) and Wangyuehu (望月村) four subdistricts, Yuelushan Township (岳麓山乡) and Wangyue Township (望岳乡) of the historic Jiaoqu, Tianding Township (天顶乡) of the historic Wangcheng County.
Yuelu is an important district that is a cultural area and has a long history and profound cultural deposit in Changsha, the Yuelu Academy founded in 976 (the 9th year of the reign of the Song Dynasty) is on the east side of Yuelu Mountain, in the south is the University Town Zone where there are many universities including Central South University, Hunan University and Hunan Normal University, the Changsha High-Tech Industrial Development Zone covers large area in the middle of the district.
- 16 subdistricts
- Guanshaling (观沙岭街道)
- Hanpu Subdistrict (含浦街道)
- Juzizhou (桔子洲街道)
- Lugu Subdistrict (麓谷街道)
- Meixihu (梅溪湖街道)
- Pingtang Subdistrict (坪塘街道)
- Tianding (天顶街道)
- Wangchengpo (望城坡街道)
- Wangyuehu (望月湖街道)
- Wangyue (望岳街道)
- Xihu (西湖街道)
- Xianjiahu (咸嘉湖街道)
- Xueshi (学士街道)
- Yanghu (洋湖街道)
- Yinpenling (银盆岭街道)
- Yuelu subdistrict (岳麓街道)
- 2 towns
According to preliminary accounting of the statistical authority, the gross domestic product of Yuelu District in 2017 was 101,671 million yuan (15,058 million US dollars), up by 9.2 percent over the previous year. Of this total, the value added of the primary industry was 1,862 million yuan (276 million US dollars), up by 6.6 percent, that of the secondary industry was 42,831 million yuan (6,344 million US dollars), up by 9.2 percent and that of the tertiary industry was 56,978 million yuan (8,439 million US dollars), up by 9.8 percent. The value added of the primary industry accounted for 1.83 percent of the GDP; that of the secondary industry accounted for 42.13 percent; and that of the tertiary industry accounted for 56.04 percent. The per capita GDP by the population of mid-year permanent residents in 2017 was 120,499 yuan (17,847 US dollars).
- Changsha Yearly Book 2015 (长沙统计年鉴2015)
- Adjusting the administrative districts of Changsha: Furong, Yuelu, Tianxin, Kaifu and Yuhua Districts of Changsha were corporated On 22 April 1996 By abolishing the East, West, South, North and Suburb Districts. according to the Reply of the State Council on adjusting the administrative districts of Changsha, Hunan Province (22-Apr-96) - 《国务院关于同意湖南省调整长沙市市辖区行政区划的批复》（国函〔1996〕29号）: xzqh.org or lawtime.cn
- details of Adjusting Districts of Changsha in 1996: Notification on Adjusting the Administrative Districts of the People's Government of Changsha City (19-Jun-96) / 长沙市人民政府关于调整市辖区行政区划的通知 (长政发〔1996〕24号 - 1996年6月19日), see pkulaw.cn or chinalawedu.com
- 2015 Programme of adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Yuelu District: see rednet.cn (November 19, 2015): 湖南省民政厅关于同意长沙市岳麓区乡镇区划调整方案的批复 (湘民行发〔2015〕42号), xzqh.org (2016-01-12)
- according to the Statistical Communiqué of Yuelu District on the 2017 National Economic and Social Development / 岳麓区2017年国民经济和社会发展统计公报 see hntj.gov (2018-04-02) or changsha.gov (2018-04-03)