UNA: University of the Netherlands Antilles
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Status||Deleted (succeeded by .cw and .sx)|
|Registry||University of The Netherlands Antilles|
|Sponsor||University of The Netherlands Antilles|
|Intended use||Entities connected with the former Netherlands Antilles|
|Registration restrictions||Registrations must correspond to name or trademark of registrant; proof of identity must be shown on registration|
|Structure||Registrations taken at second level and also at third level beneath some second-level labels|
.an was the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the former Netherlands Antilles. It was administered by the University of the Netherlands Antilles. The domain was phased out after the Netherlands Antilles were dissolved in 2010. As of November 2010 the .an domain remained live with over 800 domains registered under .an, including secondary levels. On 31 July 2015, use of the domain was discontinued.
Second level domain
Including google.com.an and youtube.com.an (both delegations to Google's nameservers), yahoo.com.an (delegated to Yahoo's nameservers but no A record for yahoo.com.an or www.yahoo.com.an), and visa.com.an (delegation to ultradns.net's nameservers). With the deletion of AN from the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 register the ISO codes CW (Curaçao), SX (Sint Maarten) and BQ (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba), the ccTLDs .cw, .sx and .bq have been designated (although the last one is not in use).
On 31 December 2013, a start would have been made to remove .an domain names from the databases and systems. On 31 October 2014, the .an domain was removed from the DNS root servers.
- Internet in the Netherlands
- Internet in the Netherlands Antilles
- ISO 3166-2:AN
- .nl –CC TLD for the Netherlands
- .eu –CC TLD for the European Union
- .aw –CC TLD for Aruba
- .bq –CC TLD for the Caribbean Netherlands (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba)
- .cw –CC TLD for Curaçao
- .sr –CC TLD for Suriname
- .sx, the ccTLD for Sint Maarten, the Dutch side of the island.
- ".an". IANA. Archived from the original on 26 April 2011. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Internetextensie .AN per 31 juli definitief uit de lucht". versgeperst.com. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "AN Zone File". Robert Baskerville's ccTLD analysis data. 2 January 2008. Archived from the original on 19 January 2008. Retrieved 2 January 2008.
- "Registering .CW Domains". University of Curaçao. Archived from the original on 17 August 2014. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the former Netherlands Antilles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|