|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Yemen|
|Actual use||Gets some use in Yemen|
|Structure||Registrations are made at third level beneath several second-level names|
|Registry website||Registry site|
In order to register a .YE domain, it is necessary to have a company registered locally. However, some registrars provide a local presence service for non-Yemeni clients. Domain names need to be hosted in Yemen.
Second level domains
There are eight Second Level Domains:
- com.ye: Commercial Entities
- co.ye: Companies
- ltd.ye: Limited Companies
- me.ye: Private Individuals
- net.ye: Network Providers
- org.ye: Non-commercial Organizations
- plc.ye: Public Companies
- gov.ye: Government and Governmental System
Second top domain
A second top domain will be used for Yemen, intended for domain names in the local language. The string اليمن (al-Yaman) was registered and approved for this purpose in March 2011, but it was not activated and lower level domains were not granted at that time.
- EuropeID. "Yemen: Register a .YE domain with Local Agent". europeid.com. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
|This Yemen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|