Jump to navigation Jump to search
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||MNI Networks Ltd|
|Sponsor||Lubimal (MS) Ltd.|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Montserrat|
|Actual use||Used by a number of sites, a few of which are in Montserrat|
|Structure||Registrations are available directly at second level|
- Microsoft has used this as an abbreviation with projects such as ch9.ms or 1drv.ms for its OneDrive.
- Websites based in, or having to do with, the U.S. state of Mississippi also use the .ms domain as MS is the official United States Postal Service abbreviation for the state.
- Some companies and organisations in the German town Münster in Westphalia use the TLD as well since MS is the official vehicle licence plate code for the city.
- The New York Times uses .ms as a top level domain name for permalinks referring to New York Times addresses. For example, http://nyti.ms/1kZ2CtM refers to a 16 June 2014 column by Joe Nocera. http://nyti.ms/ reaches The New York Times homepage.
- The Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign used the domain name http://hrc.ms.
- Campaign for support of Michael Schumacher after accident at Meribel ski resort in December, 2013 by his family, using domain name http://keepfighting.ms.
- A Dutch foundation for the cure of multiple sclerosis uses https://www.arenamoves.ms as MS is the abbreviation for multiple sclerosis.
Second-level domain names
- IANA .ms whois information
- .ms Registry operated by MNI Networks Limited
- Domain Registration Services
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Montserrat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|