Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Introduced||6 March 1997|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||MNI Networks Ltd|
|Sponsor||Lubimal (MS) Ltd.|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Montserrat|
|Actual use||Used by a number of sites, a few of which are in Montserrat|
- Microsoft uses this as an abbreviation for projects such as ch9.ms or 1drv.ms for its OneDrive. In particular, Aka.ms is used extensively as a URL shortener for Microsoft's web sites, such as http://aka.ms/MFAsetup and http://aka.ms/Azure/IaaSOpsGuide.
- Websites based in, or having to do with, the U.S. state of Mississippi also use the .ms domain as MS is the official United States Postal Service abbreviation for the state.
- Some companies based in the Brazilian state of Mato Grosso do Sul use the TLD since MS is the official abbreviation for the state.
- Some companies and organisations in the German town Münster in Westphalia use the TLD as well since MS is the official vehicle license plate code for the city.
- The New York Times uses .ms as a top level domain name for permalinks referring to New York Times addresses. For example, http://nyti.ms/1kZ2CtM refers to a 16 June 2014 column by Joe Nocera. http://nyti.ms/ reaches The New York Times homepage.
- The Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign used the domain name http://hrc.ms.[permanent dead link]
- The campaign for support of Michael Schumacher used the TLD after his accident at Meribel ski resort in December 2013 by his family, using the domain name http://keepfighting.ms.
- A Dutch foundation for the cure of multiple sclerosis uses www.arenamoves.ms as MS is the abbreviation for multiple sclerosis.
Second-level domain names
- IANA .ms whois information
- .ms Registry operated by MNI Networks Limited
- Domain Registration Services