|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||NIC.SH (run by Internet Computer Bureau)|
|Sponsor||Government of Saint Helena|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha|
|Actual use||Various uses; a few sites actually on Saint Helena but most elsewhere, also used for domain hacks as well, e.g. words that end with sh, usually but not limited to English. Also for places and regions that can be abbreviated with sh.|
|Registration restrictions||2nd-level registrant must have a professional or academic qualification (apparently not actually enforced); 3rd level registrant must be resident on Saint Helena|
|Structure||Registrations are taken directly at the second level or the third level beneath various 2nd-level labels|
|Documents||Terms & Conditions; Rules|
|Dispute policies||Dispute Resolution Policy|
.sh is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the British Overseas Territory of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha. Registrations of internationalized domain names are also accepted.
Second level domains
There are seven second level domains:
- co.sh – commercial entities
- com.sh – commercial entities
- org.sh – non-profit organizations
- gov.sh – government departments and agencies
- edu.sh – educational institutions
- net.sh – network service providers
- nom.sh – non-island Internet sites
Top level domains
A majority of sites under the .sh domain have nothing to do with Saint Helena, Ascension or Tristan da Cunha.
SH is the official abbreviation for the German federal state of Schleswig-Holstein and the .sh domain is used for sites like nah.sh, a public transportation site as well as the Verbraucherzentrale (verbraucherzentrale.sh), the SPD party (spd.sh) and for some subpages by the official Schleswig-Holstein government (e.g. wahlen.sh).
More words are ending in sh which are used for sh domains, such as flash, splash and fish.
- .SH IDN Policy Archived 2014-09-25 at the Wayback Machine, NIC, Saint Helena.
- "What is Sta.sh?". DeviantArt. DeviantArt. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Smo.sh redirect". Smosh. Smosh.
- "Homebrew, The missing package manager for OS X". Homebrew. Homebrew. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "Nahverkehr im echten Norden » NAH.SH".
- "osu.ppy.sh". osu!.
- "Popcorn Time's best-known app comes back to life". 2016-02-26.
- "Popcorn Time Fork Claims Official Relaunch After MPAA Shutdown". 2016-02-25.
- Dwilson, Stephanie Dube (February 25, 2016). "PopcornTime.sh: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know".
- Aldershoff, Jan Willem (February 24, 2016). "Popcorn Time is back - original developers post statement". Myce.com.