Jump to navigation Jump to search
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Ecuador|
|Actual use||Popular in Ecuador|
|Registration restrictions||Some third-level registrations have restrictions depending on second-level name they are within|
|Structure||Registrations are made directly at the second level, or at third level beneath some second-level labels|
Domains and Subdomains
Registrations are made directly at the second level or at the third level beneath these names:
- .EC General use
- .COM.EC Commercial use
- .INFO.EC General information
- .NET.EC Providers of Internet services
- .FIN.EC Financial institutions and services
- .MED.EC Medical and health-related entities
- .PRO.EC Professionals such as lawyers, architects, accountants, etc.
- .ORG.EC Non-profit organizations and entities.
- .EDU.EC Educational entities.
- .GOB.EC Government of Ecuador, since July 2010
- .GOV.EC Formerly used by the Government of Ecuador; replaced by GOB.EC in 2010
- .MIL.EC Ecuadorian military
Notable incidents involving .ec domains
- In November 2016, one of the mirror domains of Archive.is , "archive.ec", did not work for a period of 8 consecutive days due to a software bug in the .ec registry
- "Archive.is blog — """ Estimada/o cliente, Debido a un error..." Archive.is blog. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
|This Ecuador-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|