|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Iran|
|Actual use||Popular in Iran|
|Registration restrictions||Generally open for Iranians and non-Iranians; 3rd-level registrations under subdomains have varied restrictions and are restricted to Iranian-related entities|
|Structure||May register at second level or at third level beneath generic-category 2nd level domains|
|Dispute policies||IRNIC Dispute Resolution Policy|
- .ir – public
- .ac.ir – academic (tertiary education and research establishments) and learned societies.
- .co.ir – commercial/companies
- .gov.ir – government (Islamic Republic of Iran)
- .id.ir – personal, everyone has a National Number from Islamic Republic of Iran
- .net.ir – ISPs and network companies approved by IRTCT
- .org.ir – non-profit organisations
- .sch.ir – schools, primary and secondary education
The URL "ryana.ir" is a redirect to the budget airline website ryanair.com. It is used as a typing shortcut. Some internet users may mistakenly believe that .ir is the ccTLD for the Republic of Ireland, the home country of Ryanair (which is actually .ie).
The URL "renmark.ir" is a redirect to the Investor Relations firm Renmark Financial Communications Inc. The .ir in this instance would stand for Investor Relations.
- .dnssec.ir – limited term testbed for DNSSEC support
- "Internationalized Domain Names at IRNIC". Archived from the original on 13 January 2009. Retrieved 19 January 2009.
- "IDN ccTLD Request From the Islamic Republic of Iran Successfully Passes String Evaluation". ICANN.org. ICANN. 2010-10-15. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- IANA .ir whois information
- (in Persian) IRNIC, Dot-IR (.ir) ccTLD Registry
- (in Persian) List of Resellers of IRNIC
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|