From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Iran|
|Actual use||Popular in Iran|
|Registration restrictions||Generally open for Iranians and non-Iranians; 3rd-level registrations under subdomains have varied restrictions and are restricted to Iranian-related entities|
|Structure||May register at second level or at third level beneath generic-category 2nd level domains|
|Dispute policies||IRNIC Dispute Resolution Policy|
- .ir – public
- .ac.ir – academic (tertiary education and research establishments) and learned societies.
- .co.ir – commercial/companies
- .gov.ir – government (Islamic Republic of Iran)
- .id.ir – personal, everyone has a National Number from Islamic Republic of Iran
- .net.ir – ISPs and network companies approved by IRTCT
- .org.ir – non-profit organisations
- .sch.ir – schools, primary and secondary education
- .dnssec.ir - limited term testbed for DNSSEC support
- "Internationalized Domain Names at IRNIC". Archived from the original on 13 January 2009. Retrieved 19 January 2009.
- "IDN ccTLD Request From the Islamic Republic of Iran Successfully Passes String Evaluation". Icann.org. 2010-10-15. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- IANA .ir whois information
- (Persian) IRNIC, Dot-IR (.ir) ccTLD Registry
- (Persian) List of Resellers of IRNIC
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|