|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Mali|
|Actual use||Used in Mali|
|Registration restrictions||Varying requirements for registrations under different second-level names; generally, local presence is required|
|Structure||Registrations are at third level beneath various second-level names|
In April 2013 the Agence des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication (AGETIC) announced that it would give away .ml domains for free, hoping to improve the usage and the knowledge of the IT industry in Mali. It is the first African nation to start giving away domains for free.
Registrations are at the third level beneath these names:
- .net.ml: Internet providers
- .org.ml: Associations (must show registration); international organizations permitted, but must be registered with the local administration
- .edu.ml: Local schools
- .gov.ml: Governmental organisations
- .presse.ml: Local press
- "Mali Gives Away Its .ML Domain Names for Free". Business Wire. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Mali gives away its .ML domain names for free" (PDF). Freedom Registry. 8 April 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Mali to give away .ML domains for free". The Register. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Freenom homepage". Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- IANA .ml whois information
- Freenom, a registrar offering .ml registration
- , the .ml registry homepage
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Mali-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|