This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)
|Introduced||8 May 1991|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Omadhina Internet Services (cc)|
|Sponsor||Namibian Network Information Centre (cc) (NA-NiC)|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Namibia|
|Actual use||Fairly popular in Namibia|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at the second level and at the third level beneath various second-level labels|
|Documents||Registrar Accreditation Agreement|
|Dispute policies||Dispute policy; CoCCA dispute policy|
|Registry website||NA-NiC; Omadhina (Registry Operator)|
The domain was established on 8 May 1991. The ccTLD manager is NA-NiC (Namibian Network Information Centre). The Namibian Parliament passed a Communications Act in 2009 containing various provisions regarding the ccTLD; however, as of the end of 2017, they had not yet entered into force.
Registrations are available at both the second level or at the third level beneath various names that include some apparently redundant choices (e.g., both .co.na and .com.na for commercial entities).
Domain registration costs
Domain registration prices to the end-user are now set by registrars in competition with each other. Wholesale prices (the cost to the registrars) depend on the level at which a registration is made (i.e. whether at second-level or a third-level registration) and also whether the registrant is domestic or foreign. The second-level is considered 'premium', so the cheapest domains would be a registration by a local organisation at third-level (such as the NamNumbers telephone directory at TELECOM.COM.NA) whilst the highest prices are paid by non-Namibian entities registering at the second-level (such as BRITISHCOUNCIL.NA).
NA-NiC is a member of the Council of Country Code Administrators and uses their Dispute Resolution.
- "Registrar Accreditation Agreement". Na-nic.com.na. 2009-01-05. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "ISO 3166 - Country codes - ISO". iso.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "IANA — .na Domain Delegation Data". iana.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "GOVERNMENT GAZETTE OF THE REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA" (PDF). Cran.na. 20 October 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-02-18. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- "NamNumbers". Archived from the original on 2014-07-03. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "British Council | Namibia". britishcouncil.na. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "DNSSEC in a small ccTLD - Eberhard Lisse, .na | Country Code Names Supporting Organisation". ccnso.icann.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- Request for Comments on the IANA Functions
- IANA .na whois information
- .na ccTLD Manager Web Site
- .na Registry/domain registration website