|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Serbia|
|Actual use||Mainly in Serbia and Kosovo[a]|
|Registration restrictions||None at 2nd level, on 3rd level there are some restrictions depending on category|
|Documents||General Terms and Conditions for Registration|
|Dispute policies||Rulebook on Arbitrage Proceedings|
.rs is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Serbia and Kosovo.[a] The domain name registry that operates it is the Serbian National Internet Domain Registry (RNIDS). The letters rs stand for Republika Srbija/Република Србија (Republic of Serbia).
It is intended to be used with few restrictions, and it is widely used in Serbia. Because of English words ending with the letters "rs", this domain is also used in the construction of domain hacks, and projects written in Rust.
The former Serbia and Montenegro used the .yu domain when still called the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. In June 2006 Serbia and Montenegro split into two separate countries. On 8 July 2006 the Serbian Ministry of Science and a group of 34 interested organizations founded the National Internet Domain Registry - RNIDS. On 26 September 2006, the ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency decided to allocate RS as the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code for Serbia. IANA assigned .rs as the ccTLD for this country.
In 2007 ICANN also resolved that RNIDS, the operators of the new .rs domain registry, should temporarily operate the former .yu domain until its eventual abolition on or before 30 September 2009. This allowed a two-year transition period for existing .yu names to transferred either to .rs for Serbia or to .me for Montenegro. The .yu domain finally expired on 30 March 2010.
By 2018, it became convention for sites related to the Rust programming language to use .rs domain names. Prominent examples include docs.rs, the standard location for Rust's user-built package documentation, and diesel.rs, "a Safe, Extensible ORM and Query Builder for Rust". 
On December 10th, 2018., .RS TLD started offering full Serbian Latin letters domain registration (together with other letters used by official minorities groups in Serbia) od December 10th, 2018. - totalling 67 letters which can be used for a domain name.
Use in Kosovo
- .co.rs – Corporations
- .org.rs – Civil organizations and associations
- .edu.rs – Educational institutions and organizations (except ac.rs sub-domain)
- .ac.rs – Academic and research network of Serbia (delegated)
- .gov.rs – Government institutions (delegated)
- .in.rs – Personal use
- .срб, a Cyrillic top-level domain for Serbia.
- Kosovo is the subject of a territorial dispute between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. The Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared independence on 17 February 2008, but Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own sovereign territory. The two governments began to normalise relations in 2013, as part of the Brussels Agreement. Kosovo is recognized as an independent state by 104 out of 193 United Nations member states.
- "Kosovo's recognition missing in online domain - Kosovo 2.0Kosovo 2.0". 2018-05-14.
- For example, the blog hosting service www.blogge.rs Archived 31 January 2017 at the Wayback Machine. and domain registrar price comparison service registra.rs
- "IANA .rs whois information". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Preliminary Report for Special Meeting of the ICANN Board of Directors". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "RNIDS news". RNIDS. 30 March 2010. Archived from the original on 1 February 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- "Diesel". diesel.rs. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "RNIDS news about accented letter use in domains".
- "If Kosovo gets UN chair, RS will demand same for itself - English - on B92.net".