|Manufacturer||Astra Daihatsu (Indonesia)|
|Also called||Toyota Agya
Toyota Wigo (Philippines)
Perodua Axia (Malaysia)
|Production||August 2013 – present|
|Designer||Mark Widjaja (2011)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door hatchback|
1.0 L 1KR-DE I3
1.0 L 1KR-FE I3
|Wheelbase||2,450 mm (96.5 in)|
|Length||3,600 mm (141.7 in)|
|Width||Ayla: 1,600 mm (63.0 in)
Agya: 1,620 mm (63.8 in)
|Height||1,520 mm (59.8 in)|
|Curb weight||800 kg (1,764 lb)|
The Daihatsu Ayla is a city car, designed by Daihatsu and manufactured by Astra Daihatsu in Indonesia. The Daihatsu Ayla is also sold as the Toyota Agya, and in the Philippines as the Toyota Wigo. The car is also rebadged, redesigned and manufactured in Malaysia by Perodua as the Perodua Axia. The name "Agya" was taken from the Sanskrit word meaning "fast", while "Ayla" means "light".
The car was announced and showed at the 2012 Indonesia International Motor Show as Toyota and Daihatsu's answer to the Indonesia government's plan for the LCGC. Initially the car was available for advance booking after the show but it only lasted for few weeks because the manufacturers were waiting for the government to finalize regulation regarding the LCGC. The Agya and Ayla use the same 1.0 liter 1KR-DE three-cylinder engine in Indonesia.
After a year since it was announced, Agya and Ayla were officially launched and sold to general public on the second week of September 2013.
In July 2013, Toyota Motor Philippines (TMP) announced they will import the Agya in December to compete with the Mitsubishi Mirage. It will have a different name for the Philippine Market. In January 2014, TMP announced that the car will be called Wigo, and will use the same 1.0 liter 1KR-DE three-cylinder engine as the Aygo.
- Toyota Agya/Wigo
In Indonesia, the Agya is available in three different models, all of them has dual airbags and available with a choice of an automatic or 5 speed manual transmission. The three models are:
- 1.0 E
- 1.0 G
- 1.0 TRD S
In the Philippines, the 1.0 E and G is available only with a manual transmission.
- Daihatsu Ayla
The Ayla is available only in Indonesia in seven different models; six of them are available with a choice of an automatic or 5 speed manual transmission. The six models are:
- 1.0 D (only with manual 5 speed transmission)
- 1.0 D+ (with manual and 4 speed automatic transmission)
- 1.0 M (with manual and 4 speed automatic transmission)
- 1.0 M Sporty (with sport theme aero kits)
- 1.0 X (with manual and 4 speed automatic transmission)
- 1.0 X Elegant (with elegant theme aero kits)
- 1.0 X Airbag (with dual airbags)
In the Philippines, the Toyota Wigo was awarded Best Micro Car of the Year by the Car Awards Group for 2014-2015.
- Tadeo, Patrick Everett (2014-01-16). "Toyota PH teases us with the Wigo". Top Gear Philippines. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- Zulkifli, BJ (2012-09-21). "Dismantling Secret Toyota Agya and Daihatsu Ayla (2)" [Membongkar Rahasia Astra-Toyota Agya dan Astra-Daihatsu Ayla (2)]. Kompas.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Pornelos, Vince (2013-07-24). "Toyota PH to launch Agya city car by December". Autoindustriya. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Malaysia – Budget car Perodua Axia (name confirmed) takes aim at the Hyundai i10". IndianAutosBlog. 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "7 Agya Engineering Excellence - Ayla" [7 Keunggulan Mesin Agya - Ayla]. Otosia.com (in Indonesian). 2012-09-24. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Pornelos, Vince (2013-07-30). "PH-bound Toyota Agya will undergo a name change". Autoindustriya. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Toyota PH launches the all-new 2014 Wigo". Autoindustriya. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "PT. Toyota Astra Motor | Mobil Terbaik Keluarga Indonesia | Product | Agya | price-and-specifications". Indonesia: Toyota. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Daihatsu Ayla". Indonesia: Daihatsu. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- Gonzales, Gelo (2014-03-01). "4 Reasons Why The Toyota Wigo Is The Choice For First-Time Car Owners!". FHM Philippines. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Ang, Jason K. (2014-02-21). "Toyota launches all-new Wigo hatchback, starting at P448,000". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Pagulayan, Neil (2014-11-27). "2014-2015 Car of the Year and Truck of the Year Philippines Awarded". Yahoo! Philippines. Retrieved 2014-12-06.
- Official websites
|« previous — Daihatsu road vehicle timeline, 1990s–present|
|Leeza||Mira Gino||Mira Gino/Trevis||Mira Cocoa|
|Subcompact car||Mira Gino 1000||Ayla|
|Sports car||Leeza Spider||Copen||Copen|
|Pyzar/Gran Move||Pyzar/Gran Move||Xenia||Xenia|
|Light commercial vehicle||Delta Van||Delta Van||Zebra|
|Hijet Gran Cargo/Extol||Gran Max|
|Perodua road vehicle timeline, 1994–present|