Discovery Travel & Living Europe
|Discovery Travel & Living Europe|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks CEEMEA|
|Formerly called||Discovery Travel & Adventure (1999-2005)|
|Replaced by||TLC (in Poland, Norway, Balkans, Sweden, Romania, Netherlands, Denmark and Latvia)|
|Boxer (Sweden)||Channel 21|
|SKY Italia (Italy)||Channel 426|
|Dolce (Romania)||Channel 204|
|Bulsatcom (Bulgaria)||Channel 34|
|TotalTV (Serbia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia)||Channel 45/14/25/26/15|
|Com Hem (Sweden)||Channel 47|
|RCS&RDS (Romania)||Channel 52|
|UPC (Romania)||Channel 309 (digital with DVR)
Channel 49 (digital)
|Telia Digital-tv (Sweden)||Channel 23|
|Max TV (Macedonia)||Channel 106|
Discovery Travel & Living Europe is a television channel broadcasting to several countries in Europe.
The channel was originally known as Discovery Travel & Adventure Channel and then featured more adventure-related programmes. On 1 February 2005 the channel changed its name to Discovery Travel & Living and changed its programming. It would now heavily feature lifestyle programming about travel, food, design, architecture and luxury.
For most of the 2000s (decade), the channel was broadcasting one single version to all of Europe, except the United Kingdom and Italy. Discovery Travel & Living Poland was launched on 15 September 2009. Starting in 2010, Discovery Networks have started launching further local channels called TLC. These replace the Pan-European Discovery Travel & Living.
The following channels have replaced (or are planned to replace) the Pan-European version of Discovery Travel & Living.
- TLC Poland (launched September 2009, became TLC in October 2010)
- TLC Norway (launched 4 March 2010)
- TLC Balkans (launched 1 October 2010)
- TLC Sweden (launched 2 December 2010)
- TLC Romania (launched 20 January 2011)
- TLC Netherlands (launched 4 July 2011)
- TLC Denmark (launched 6 October 2011)
- TLC Latvia (launched 20 February 2012)
Programmes broadcast on the channel include:
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
- Cake Boss
- Europe's Richest People
- Flip That House
- Grand Designs
- Jon & Kate Plus 8
- LA Ink
- Little People, Big World
- Miami Ink
- Offspring (TV series)
- Say Yes to the Dress
- Take Home Chef
- The World's Richest People
- Toddlers & Tiaras
- What Not to Wear
- While You Were Out
In the Nordic region, Canal Digital holds exclusive rights to broadcast the channel on satellite. It became available from Canal Digital in September 1999 with Discovery Civilisation and Discovery Sci-Trek. Following a new contract signed in late 2005, Discovery Travel & Living was moved to Canal Digital's family package.
Discovery Travel & Adventure was given a license to broadcast in the terrestrial network in Sweden in early 2004. Broadcasting could commence on 26 April 2004. Following a license change in March 2008, Discovery Travel & Living would have to move to a new transmitter network that, at the time had not yet been built. Discovery Travel & Living stopped broadcasting terrestrially on 1 April 2008. Due to a dispute between the transmitter company Teracom and Swedish Post and Telecom Authority, the transmitter network was delayed, which meant the channel couldn't resume its broadcasts. Broadcasts could commence once again in December 2009.
The channel is also available terrestrially in Estonia and in Denmark from November 2009.
- "Ny livsstilskanal - Discovery Travel & Living". tvnyt.com. January 11, 2005.
- "Discovery Travel&Living krijgt strakke make-over". Reklameweek.nl. May 28, 2009.
- "Herpositionering Discovery Travel & Living". Totaal TV. May 27, 2009.
- "Kvinnekanal lanseres av Discovery". Canal Digital. February 18, 2010.
- "Discovery TLC Balkan odstartuje 1. října". Parabola.cz. August 31, 2010.
- Robert Briel (July 4, 2011). "Discovery: major launch for Dutch TLC". Broadband TV News.
- "https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150782342615375&set=a.205164625374.276298.134521475374&type=1&theater". External link in