Queens Road Peckham railway station
Location of Queens Road Peckham in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Southwark|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Original company||London, Brighton and South Coast Railway|
|13 August 1866||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
|Inner South London Line|
Queens Road Peckham railway station is in the London Borough of Southwark and also serves the area to the east of Peckham, in the London Borough of Lewisham. It is on the Inner South London Line between Peckham Rye and South Bermondsey, and trains also go to Croydon via various routes and beyond. It is on the road of that name and is in Travelcard Zone 2.
The station opened with the line on 13 August 1866, and had two wooden side platforms and an intermediate centre platform to serve the third centre line.
The present island platform dates from the 1970s which is on a viaduct with the line: there are 48 steps leading to it, and one block of platform buildings.
The typical Monday-Saturday off peak service in trains per hour is:
- 4 to London Bridge
- 2 to West Croydon, calling at Peckham Rye and then East Dulwich, North Dulwich, Tulse Hill, Streatham, Streatham Common, Norbury, Thornton Heath and Selhurst
- 2 to Beckenham Junction, calling at all stations to Tulse Hill and then West Norwood, Gipsy Hill, Crystal Palace and Birkbeck
- 4 to Clapham Junction calling at Peckham Rye, Denmark Hill, Clapham High Street and Wandsworth Road
- 4 to Highbury & Islington calling at Surrey Quays, Canada Water, Rotherhithe, Wapping, Shadwell, Whitechapel, Shoreditch High Street, Hoxton, Haggerston, Dalston Junction, and Canonbury.
On Sundays this is:
- 4 to London Bridge
- 2 to East Croydon
- 2 to Crystal Palace
- 4 to Clapham Junction
- 4 to Highbury & Islington
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London Bridge to West Croydon
and Beckenham Junction
towards Highbury & Islington
|East London Line||
towards Clapham Junction
London bus routes 36, 136, 171, 177, 436, P13, P12 and night routes N89, N136 and N171.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Queens Road Peckham railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Queens Road Peckham railway station from National Rail
- Station information from Southern
|This article about the London Overground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|