Cairo International Bank
|Headquarters||30 Kampala Road
|Products||Loans, checking, savings, investments, debit Cards|
|Revenue||US$718,000 (UGX:1.86 billion) (2011)|
|Total assets||US$30 million (2011) (Estimate)|
Number of employees
In December 2011, Cairo International Bank was a small retail bank, with total assets valued at approximately US$30 million. This asset valuation represented less than one percent of all bank assets in Uganda and ranked Cairo International Bank as the twentieth largest commercial bank in Uganda, by assets, out of the 23 licensed commercial banks in the country at that time.
Cairo International Bank began operations in 1995, after receiving a commercial banking license from the Bank of Uganda.
Cairo International Bank is a joint venture between several Egyptian banks and businesses, including: Banque Du Caire, Bank of Alexandria, National Bank of Egypt, Banque Misr, and Kato Aromatics SAE. Kato Aromatics SAE is owned by Ibrahim Kamel, dealing in several businesses worldwide including developing an industrial park in Uganda.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Banque Du Caire|
|2||Bank of Alexandria|
|3||National Bank of Egypt|
|5||Kato Aromatics SAE|
- Main Branch - 30 Kampala Road, Kampala
- Kikuubo Branch - Kikuubo Road, Kampala
- Bugoloobi Branch - Spring Road, Bugoloobi, Kampala
- Kabalagala Branch - Ggaba Road, Kabalagala, Kampala
- Bweyogerere Branch - Bweyogerere, Kira Town
The managing director of Cairo International Bank is Nabil Ghanem. He is assisted by nine other managers in supervising the normal operations of the bank. 'Nabil Ghanem, together with Osama Darwish, another executive director, also sit on the board of directors.
- Tajuba, Paul. "I will clean up Cairo Bank, says Nakibinge". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- Kagenda, Patrick (6 April 2014). "East Africa: Cairo Bank Stand-Off". The Independent (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- BOU (June 2015). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At June 2015" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- History of Cairo International Bank
- "Shareholders of Cairo International Bank". Cairo International Bank. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Branches of Cairo International Bank". Cairo International Bank. Retrieved 1 May 2014.