|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,160 m (3,810 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Munyonyo is bordered by Lake Victoria to the south, Bulingugwe Island to the southeast, Ggaba to the east, Salaama to the northeast, Buziga to the north, Makindye to the northwest, and Lubowa to the west. Munyonyo is approximately 13 kilometres (8.1 mi), by road, southeast of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Munyonyo are 0°14'32.0"N 32°37'29.0"E (Latitude:0.242225; Longitude:32.624725).
Munyonyo is one of the most upscale residential neighborhoods in the city of Kampala. It is the location of two of Kampala's resorts: the Speke Resort and Conference Center and the Commonwealth Resort. The latter was the venue of the 2007 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, also known as the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2007.
Munyonyo is also a martyrdom spot of the Uganda Martyrs. Catholic saints Andrew Kaggwa and Denis Ssebuggwawo Wasswa and Anglican Mukasa Musa were murdered on 25 and 26 May 1886 by King Mwanga II of Buganda. Other martyrs were imprisoned in Munyonyo and taken for execution in Namugongo. On the same day in Munyonyo, four catechumens: Kizito, Gyaviira Musoke, Mbaga Tuzinde, and Mugagga Lubowa were secretly baptized by Charles Lwanga, at that time the leader of Uganda's Christian community.
Landmarks in or near Munyonyo include:
- Munyonyo Martyrs Shrine with the execution spot of Saint Denis Ssebuggwawo Wasswa and the tomb of Saint Andrew Kaggwa
- public health clinic administered by the Kampala Capital City Authority
- "Distance Between Central Kampala And Munyonyo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Google. "Location of Munyonyo at Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Profile of Saint Mbaga Tuzinde". Ugandamartyrsshire.org.ug. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Kimbowa, Joseph (3 December 2013). "Restoring Pride of Munyonyo Martyrs Shrine". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 20 June 2014.