abbi reddy palle cheruvu
|• Total||2.59 km2 (1.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||23,000/km2 (59,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 21|
Dhone was formerly known as Dronachalam. Dhone is one of the biggest municipalities in Kurnool district. According to local tradition, the name of the village is derived from the name of the tutor Dronacharya, a character in Mahabharatha, who meditated on the hill in village. There is now a Hanuman temple, Dargah and church on the hill. Dhone has large deposits of high quality limestone, and it was previously the site of an active quarry. The quarry is no longer in operation. The oldest temple in Dhone is Sri Pathabugga Ramalingeswara temple, which was constructed in 1943.
The municipality was established in the year 2005 and has an extent of 9.85 km2 (3.80 sq mi). During 2010–2011 period, total expenditure per annum was ₹431 crore (US$66 million), while the total income generated per annum was ₹515 crore (US$79 million). The municipality provided 798 public taps, 186 bore-wells, length of 106.28 km (66.04 mi) roads, 1551 street lights, a park, public market, elementary and secondary schools etc.
Dhone is represented by Dhone (Assembly constituency) for Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Buggana Rajendranath is the present MLA of the constituency representing YSRCP. Sri Kotla Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy (peddayana) elected as CM for Andhra Pradesh represent Dhone constituency.
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates bus services from Dhone bus station. Dhone Junction railway station is located in Guntakal railway division of the South Central Railway zone. Dhone has bus station situated near National Highway 44. Dhone railway station is the biggest railway station in Kurnool district.
Dhone is one of the biggest town in education sector in Kurnool District. There are 4 Degree Colleges, 2 PG colleges ,Govt ITI College, DIET,B.ed colleges and number of small schools. AP CM Chandrababu Naidu also planning to setup Mining College in Dhone.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- "Guntur District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 344, 364. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Raju, P. Yenadi (2003). Rayalaseema during colonial times : a study un indian nationalism. New Dehli: Northern Book Centre. ISBN 8172111398. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 6 July 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Public services/amenities". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 7 July 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "MLA". AP State Portal. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Dhone Assembly 2014 Election Results". Elections.in. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dhone.|