List of assets owned by WarnerMedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1 Home Box Office, Inc.
- 2 Turner Broadcasting System
- 3 Warner Bros. Entertainment
- 4 Otter Media
- 5 Former assets
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Home Box Office, Inc.
- HBO Go
- HBO Now
- HBO on Demand
- Cinemax on Demand
- HBO Home Entertainment
- Warner TV (Latin America and Southeast Asia)
- HBO Films
- HBO Asia
- HBO Europe (Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia and Moldova)
- HBO Latin America Group
- HBO Latin America
- Cinemax Latin America
- Max UP
- Max Prime
Turner Entertainment Networks
- Studio T
- Turner Studios
- Turner Classic Movies
- Game Show Network, LLC (42% with Sony Pictures Television)
- NBA TV (operations)
- Turner Sports Digital
- Universal Wrestling Corporation (UWC)
- AT&T SportsNet
- MLB Network (16.67% with Major League Baseball, Comcast, Charter Communications and Cox Communications)
TBS, Inc. Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media
- Cartoon Network
- Adult Swim
- Adult Swim Games
- Big Pixel Studios
- Williams Street
- Williams Street West
- Williams Street Records
CNN News Group
Turner Broadcasting International
- Turner Broadcasting System Latin America
- Turner Broadcasting System Europe
- Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific
- Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network
- Turner Entertainment Digital
- Hulu (10%) (in partnership with 21st Century Fox, Comcast and The Walt Disney Company)
- LTS Garðbær Studios
- Wit Puppets
- Le Gué Enterprises BV
- Global Media Group
- WarnerMedia MediaLab
- DC Entertainment
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- Warner Bros. Theatre Ventures
- Warner Bros. Pictures International
- Warner Bros. Museum
- Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank
- Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden
- Warner Bros. Studio Tours
Warner Bros. Pictures Group
- Warner Bros. Pictures
- Warner Animation Group
- Warner Bros. Family Entertainment
- DC Films
- New Line Cinema
- Turner Entertainment Co.
- WaterTower Music
- Castle Rock Entertainment
- The Wolper Organization
- Flagship Entertainment (China) (49%) (joint venture with China Media Capital (41%) and TVB (10%))
- HOOQ (streaming service joint venture with Sony Pictures Entertainment and Singtel; available in Singapore, the Philippines, India, Indonesia and Thailand)
Warner Bros. Television Group
- Blue Ribbon Content
- Warner Bros. Television
- Warner Horizon Television
- Warner Bros. Television Distribution
- Warner Bros. International Television Production
- WBITVP UK
- WBITVP Belgium
- WBITVP Netherlands
- Kaap Holland Film
- BlazHoffski Netherlands
- WBITVP Norway
- WBITVP Denmark
- WBITVP Sweden
- WBITVP Finland
- WBITVP Germany
- Cologne Film
- WBITVP Switzerland
- WBITVP France
- WBITVP Spain
- WBITVP Portugal
- WBITVP Australia
- WBITVP New Zealand
- Alloy Entertainment
- The CW (50% with CBS Corporation)
- Warner Bros. Animation
- Fandango Media (30% with NBCUniversal)
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group
- Warner Home Video
- Warner Bros. Digital Networks
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Fullscreen, Inc.
- Gunpowder & Sky
- Hello Sunshine (joint venture with Reese Witherspoon)
- Pacific Standard
Sold or spun off
- AOL - spun-off in 2009 and acquired by Verizon Communications in 2015, thus operated under Verizon's Oath Inc. since 2017.
- Atari, Inc. - sold to Jack Tramiel on July 1, 1984 for 50 dollars cash and 240 million in stock and notes.
- ACC Select
- Atlanta Braves
- Atlanta Hawks
- Atlanta Thrashers
- College Television Network - private network programming sold to MTV in 2002.
- Comedy Central (50% with Viacom)
- E! - sold to Comcast's NBCUniversal.
- New York Cosmos
- Pittsburgh Pirates (48% with John W. Galbreath)
- PlayON! Sports Network
- Six Flags - acquired by Premier Parks in 1998.
- The Smoking Gun
- Time Life
- Time Warner Book Group
- Time Warner Cable - spun-off in 2009 and has been acquired by Charter Communications in 2016.
- Warner-Amex Satellite Entertainment (Joint venture with American Express, now Viacom Media Networks)
- Warner Music Group - spun-off in 2004 and acquired by Access Industries in 2011.
Dormant or shuttered
These are WarnerMedia divisions which have been closed or folded into another part of the company.
- Associated Artists Productions - bought Popeye cartoons and pre-1950 WB library in 1956; the latter library would find its way back to Warner ownership in 1996 as part of the Turner merger (which also incorporated the Popeye cartoons)
- Beme Inc. - merged into CNN Digital Studios in 2018
- Brut Productions - acquired by Turner Broadcasting System from Faberge Inc. in 1982; library currently owned by Turner Entertainment
- China Entertainment Television - 36% stake held by Turner Broadcasting System; ceased broadcasting in 2016
- DramaFever - shut down in 2018
- HBO Downtown Productions
- HBO Independent Productions
- Lorimar Film Entertainment
- Monogram Pictures/Allied Artists Pictures Corporation - sold to Lorimar in 1979
- Interstate Television - founded in early 1950s as the TV arm of Allied Artists, became Allied Artists Television in 1960s and was folded into Lorimar with the rest of AAPC in 1979
- Monogram Pictures/Allied Artists Pictures Corporation - sold to Lorimar in 1979
- Lorimar Television
- Midway Games - shut down under bankruptcy in 2009
- National General Pictures - sold to Warner Bros. in 1973
- Nelson Entertainment - acquired by New Line Cinema in 1991; library currently owned by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Picturehouse - renamed from Fine Line Features in 2005, closed in 2008; reopened in 2013 as an independent studio
- Seven Arts Productions
- Shed Productions - folded into Wall to Wall
- Time Inc. - spun-off in 2014 and has been acquired by Meredith Corporation in 2018.
- IPC Media
- Family Life - sold to Time Warner in 1999; closed down in 2001
- Time4 Media - formerly Times Mirror magazines group purchased from Tribune Company, sold to Bonnier Group & World Publications
- Transworld Magazine Corporation
- Popular Science
- Marine Group
- Mountain Sports Media
- Parenting Group - Time, Inc. magazine group, sold to Bonnier and World Publications
- Turner Home Entertainment - folded into Warner Home Video
- Turner Pictures
- Turner Program Services
- Warner Independent Pictures - closed in 2008
- Warner Premiere - closed in 2012
- The WB - 64% joint venture with Tribune Broadcasting, closed in 2006
- WildStorm Productions - dissolved into DC Comics in 2011
- World Championship Wrestling (WCW) - video library, selected wrestler contracts and other intellectual property sold to World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc., now known as WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), through its subsidiary W. Acquisition Company (which was subsequently renamed WCW Inc. following the sale) in 2001. The promotion itself, which is still owned by WarnerMedia, reverted to its previous name, Universal Wrestling Corporation, and now functions solely to deal with old contracts and lawsuits.
- "Turner, Canal+ Group Launch Warner TV in France". Variety.com. Retrieved 9/9/2018. Check date values in:
- "China Media Capital, Warner Bros. Seal Flagship Production Pact". Variety.com.
- "WBITVP". https://www.wbitvp.com/. External link in
- "Savage Film and Eyeworks Belgium join forces. Oscar nominated director Michael R. Roskam to become a partner in the company". FlandersImage.
- "Warner Bros. Digital Networks". warnerbros.com.
- "Fullscreen Launches Fullscreen Films". Business Wire.
- New York Times 1999 Time Inc. Unit to Buy Family Life Magazine
- NY Daily News 1999 FAMILY LIFE MAGAZINE ADOPTED BY TIME INC. - " Family Life brings a circulation of 500,000, which Hartig said he hopes to push to the 1.1 million level of Disney competitor Family Fun"
- "Time4 Media, Inc. Company Profile". Industry Center. Yahoo!. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Smith, Nicole (September 14, 2006). "Time4Media, Parenting Group Magazines Up for Sale". Direct Marketing News. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Worldwide Subsidiaries and Affiliated Companies List" (PDF). Time Warner Inc. June 19, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- "EUDY v. UNIVERSAL WRESTLING CORPORATION INC". Findlaw.