|District of Jharkhand|
Location of Sahibganj district in Jharkhand
|Administrative division||Santhal Pargana Division|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Rajmahal|
|• Assembly seats||3|
|• Total||1,599 km2 (617 sq mi)|
|• Literacy||53.73 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||948|
Sahibganj district is divided into two subdivions: Sahibganj subdivision and Rajmahal subdivision. It is further subdivided into nine Community development blocks:(Sahibganj subdivision) Sahibganj, Mandro, Borio, Barhait (Rajmahal subdivision) Taljhari, Rajmahal, Udhwa, Pathna and Barharwa.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Sahibganj one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 24 districts in Jharkhand currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Sahibganj district has a population of 1,150,038, roughly equal to the nation of Timor-Leste or the US state of Rhode Island. This gives it a ranking of 407th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 719 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,860/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 23.96%. Sahibganj has a sex ratio of 948 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 53.73%.
Sahibganj district consists of 09 Blocks. The following are the list of the Blocks in sahibganj district:
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2011". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "District Profile". Census 2011. Sahibganj district administration. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Timor-Leste 1,177,834 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
Rhode Island 1,052,567
||Bhagalpur district, Bihar||Katihar district, Bihar|
|Godda district||Malda district, West Bengal|
|Pakur district||Murshidabad district, West Bengal|