This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Culture and education sections are a mess (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Baghpat district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Baghpat|
|• Total||1,321 km2 (510 sq mi)|
|• Density||880/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||65.65 per cent|
Bagpat district is one of the 75 districts of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh with headquarters at the town of Baghpat. Created in 1997, the district has an area of 1,321 square kilometres (510 sq mi) and a population of 1,163,991.
Bagpat district is infamous for the activities of criminals and there are various criminal gangs known as "Giroh" that are active in the region. In spite of this, Bagpat is considered to be one of the best places to live in India because of its green and healthy environment.
The district has an area of 1,321 square kilometres (510 sq mi).
According to the 2011 census, Bagpat district has a population of 1,303,148, which is roughly equal to that of African nation of Mauritius or the US state of New Hampshire. This gives it a ranking of the 376th most populous districts in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 986 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,550/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 11.87%. Bagpat has a sex ratio of 858 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.54%. Baghpat is a Hindu-majority district, with about 63% Hindu population and 34% Muslim population.
There are three Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha constituencies in Bagpat district: Chhaprauli, Baraut, and Baghpat. All of these are part of Baghpat Lok Sabha constituency of current chairman Rajudin Malik, current MLA of Baghpat Smt. Hemlata Choudhary and MP Dr. Satyapal Singh.
Tehsils and blocks
Bagpat district is divided into 3 tehsils: Baghpat, Baraut, and Khekra. Baghpat tehsil comprises two blocks - Baghpat and Pilana, while Baraut comprises three - Binauli, Chhaprauli, and Baraut. Khekra tehsil comprises only the Khekra block. Baghpat, Baraut, and Khekada are the major towns in the district.
Villages and Their Gram Pradhans
|Sr. No.||Tehsil||Sr.No.||Block||Sr. No.||Village||Name of Gram Pradhan|
|002||Nouroujpur Gujjar||Omparkash Nain|
|004||Santoshpur||Raman S/o CH Prem Dedha|
|005||Baghu||Sumit S/O Surendra DevDhar|
|008||Gyasri urf Gaadhi||Chaman lal sharma|
|Sr. No.||Designation||Name||Contact No.|
Baraut is where the famous Janta Vedic and the Digamber Jain Colleges are sited and it is the main education hub of Baghpat. Some villages like Budhera have very high literacy rates and many of the villagers are government employees.
Some of the colleges located in Baghpat are:
- Babu Kamta Prasad Jain Mahavidyalaya, Baraut
- S P R C Degree College, Baghpat
- Indradev College of Engineering & Technology, Baghpat
- Aryabhat college of engineering & Technology, Baghpat
- Om Sai institute, Pali
- Vanjaksh Institute of Alternate Medicines (Distance Education)
- JagMohan Institute of Management and Technology
- Digambar Jain College, Baraut
- Janta Vedic College, Baraut
- Shri Vinayak College of Education, Mavikalan
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Census of India 2011 – Uttar Pradesh – District Census Handbook – Baghpat" (PDF). Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. 2011. p. 9. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "About District". Government of Uttar Pradesh: Baghpat district. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Economy". Government of Uttar Pradesh: Baghpat district. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Baghpat (Bagpat) District : Census 2011 data". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 20 December 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
New Hampshire 1,316,470
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bagpat district.|