|— village —|
|Elevation||120 m (390 ft)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Alathur|
Tattamangalam is a part of Chittur-Tattamangalam municipality in Palakkad district of Kerala, in South India, spread over an area of 33.57 km2. It was a part of the princely state of Cochin before India received independence from Britain. The majority of the inhabitants speak Malayalam, though others use Tamil as their main language.
The village is located about 15 km south of the Palakkad district headquarters. The Tattamangalam-Chittur municipality is situated in the banks of the river Sokanashini (commonly called Chittur Puzha).
- Altitude:120 m
- Latitude:10.68 in decimal degrees (10 degree 40 min )
- Longitude:76.70 in decimal degrees (76 degree 42 min)
- East : Mettupalayam
- West : Kozhikada
- South : Manathukavu
- North : Palathulli
In 917 A.D. the Kongu army consisting chiefly of cavalry invaded the territory of the Palghat Raja, but was driven back with great slaughter by Maharaja of Cochin, assisted by the Zamorin and the Rajas of Palghat and Walluvanad. For this service and to enable better protection, the Palghat Raja ceded to Cochin the territories known as Naludesam and Kodakaranad, which constitute the present Taluk of Chittur. Naludesam comprised the four adjoining “Desams”, Chittur, Nalleppilly, Tattamangalam, and Pattancherri.
One of Tipu sultan's Gun Roads pass through this place.
Tattamangalam is a major cloth making center (ready made clothes) of Kerala. As it is very close to Coimbatore, major textile shops depend on the workers of Tattamangalam to get the goods delivered on time. As a results a very large number of the people's livelihood is tailoring.
- Government Ayurveda Hospital, Mettuvalavu, Tattamangalam.
- Shanthi Hospital, Near Chittur Puzha Bridge.
- Murali clinic, G.U.P.S road, big bazzar,thathamangalam.
- Devdas clinic, main road.thathamangalam.
- prasad clinic, main road, pallimuku.
Educational institutions 
- Government Sealy Memorial High School, Mannathukavu
- Government Sealy Memorial Lower Primary School, Thumbichira
- Government Upper Primary School Sri kurumbakavu
- Government U P S Chenthmara Nagar
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya CBSE School
- Government Arts College-Chittur
- Vijayamatha Higher Secondary school,mampattupalayam.
- Shivan kovil
- Srikrishnan kovil
- Srisastha temple
- Vinayaka temples
- Vettakorumakan kovil
- Kanjikamakshi kovil
- Swarganathan kovil
- Mariamman kovil
- Kittuammavan kovil
- chalamariyamman kovil
- St.Mary's Forane Church Tattamngalam.
- Holy Family Church,Chittur
- Juma masjid, pallimokku.
- Juma masjid, kammanthara.
Tattamangalam is well connected to district HQ of Palakkad by Road. The distance to Palakkad is 15 km.
Distance Table from Tattamangalam by Road Palakkad: 15 km
Coimbatore: 55 km
Trichur: 67 km
Chittur: 5 km
Koduvayur: 6 km
Cochin: 150 km
Nedumbassery Airport: 105 km
Calicut Airport: 105 km
Nearest Railway station: Pudunagaram - 3 km - trains to Pollachi—Madurai—Rameswaram ( Now temporarily not available as gauge conversion is going on
Nearest bus stand: Municipal bus stand near post office.
- near big bazzar.
- near pallimokku.
Nearest Railway Junction: Palakkad Junction Railway station,(20 KM ) Olavakode, Trains to all over India.
Nearest Airport is Coimbatore Airport - 65 km, which is well connected to Mumbai and other major cities of India.
Important festivals 
- Ayyappan vilakku
- Mariamman pooja
- Kathir utsav
- Soorasamhara mahotsavam
- Mandala pooja
- Prathishta utsavams
Folk art forms 
Notable Locals 
- P.A.Menon (Ambassador)
- Puthillath Prabhakaramenon IAS
- Cherusseri Chathumenon (Poet)
- Puthillath Govinda Menon (State Commissioner- Scouts)
- T.R. Subbayyan (Collegiate Director
- Ponnan Serva (Thavil Vidwan)
- Narayanaswami alias Mohan (Cine Artist)
- Cherusseri Madhavamenon (Poet)
- Govindanunny Thekkadath (Physicist)
- Koranchath Kesavan Nair (Writer)
- T.P.Ramanathamenon (Writer)
- Shadananan Anikkath (Artist)
- Randadath Nanu Nair (Artist)
- Chonat Kochu Master
- Srivalsan J Menon Jayan(Music director; singer)
- Kaushik Menon (Play back singer)
- S.Guruvayoorappan - Project Coordinator WPSI
- Parakkat Chenthamara Menon
- T.V. Balaguruvan Chettiar alias Minor Chettiar
Cultural Associations Groups 
- Tattamangalam Arts and Cultural Centre(TACC)
- Paruthikkavu Padasekhara samithi
- Nhavara producers group
Kanniyar kali Ashaans of Tattamangalam Desham 
- Sri Parakkat Sekharamenon
- Sri Puthillath Rakkumenon
- Sri Puthillath Govindamenon
- Sri Parakkat Vasumenon
- Sri Cherukkottil Sivsankaran Nair
- Sri Gangadhara menon
- Sri Koranath Achuthan Nair
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Retrieved 2008-12-10.