|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Kollam City(14 km)|
|Sex ratio||1069 ♂/♀|
Kundara is a landmark city in the history of Kerala, due to its association with the "Kundara Proclamation" made by Velu Thampi Dalawa in 11 January 1809. Apart from its historical significance, Kundara is a fast re-emerging industrial town, which is set to be a satellite town of Kollam city. Kundara is 14km away from Kollam and 24km away from Paravur. It is also a former Industrial hub in Kollam with major industries such as KEL, Kerala Ceramics, Aluminum Industries Ltd and Laxmi Starch Factory.
- 1 Major Industries in Kundara
- 2 Famous Persons from Kundara
- 3 Transportation
- 4 Hospitals near Kundara
- 5 Schools near Kundara
- 6 Main Churches in Kundara
- 7 Temples Near Kundara
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Major Industries in Kundara
The Kerala Ceramics Limited
The history of The Kerala Ceramics dates back to 1937 when the Maharaja of Travancore, Sree Chithira Thirunal set up one unit for Mining and Refining of China Clay and another unit for manufacture of Porcelain wares. 
It became a fully owned Government of Kerala undertaking (under Companies Act) with its registered Office at Kundara, Kollam by amalgamating these two units in 1962. Link to The Kerala Ceramics Limited 
Aluminium Industries Limited (ALIND)
The Aluminium Industries (ALIND), Kundara is one of the leading Indian firms manufacturing aluminium cables. The factory established in 1946, had been remaining closed for the past 14 years. Business Work : Manufacturers Of Design Engg. & Projects For Railway Electrification And Switching Stations, Switchyards, And Current Transformers, Control Panels/desks, Control Relays, Distribution Boards, Ht Circuit Breakers, Power Control Centers Protection Relays.
Kerala Electrical and Allied Engineering Co. Ltd. (KEL)
KEL Kundara Unit has flagged off the dispatch of the first consignment of alternators to Tanzanian Railways in Africa. KEL has a mechanised foundry with ISO 9001- 2008 certification,the only foundry in south India having RDSO (Railway’s design wing) approval for manufacturing cast-iron components for railway rolling stock application. The foundry has a capacity of melting three tonnes of cast iron per shift.
Lakshmi Starch Ltd
Laxmi Starch Ltd is a Public Company incorporated on 28 February 1946. It is classified as Indian Non-Government Company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, ROC-Ernakulam. Its authorized share capital is Rs. 60,000,000 and its paid up capital is Rs. 29,215,000.
Technopark as part of the hub and spoke model of development is expanding its activities to Kundra, Kollam, which is 63 km away from the Trivandrum Campus. This is to tap the Kerala's unique advantage of uniform talent distribution, Infrastructure and supporting IT platforms. Technopark Kollam is located in 44.46 acres of prime land beside scenic Kanjirode Lake. This park is being developed as a Special Economic Zone
Famous Persons from Kundara
- KOttoor sadanadan (late)
- Kundara Johny ( Film Actor )
- Suresh Babu ( Indian long jumper )
- T. C. Yohannan ( former Indian long jumper )
- Thirunalloor Karunakaran ( renowned poet, scholar, teacher )
- Lalithambika Antharjanam ( Indian author and social reformer, literary works )
- N. P. Nayar ( Indian freedom fighter )
- Dr. J. Rajmohan Pillai ( Indian businessman )
- Palpu Pushpangadan ( former Director of the Tropical Botanical Garden and Research Institute (TBGRI))
- M. A. Baby ( Indian politician )
- By Road
Kundara is well connected by road with NH-208, Kannanallur - Kundara, Kundara - Bharanikkavu and Kundara - Perayam roads.
- By Rail
- By Air
The nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport, at a distance of 80 km.
Hospitals near Kundara
. LMS Hospital
Schools near Kundara
- Little Flower High School
- M.G.D High School for Boys and Girls
- Marthoma school Arumurikada
- S.N.S.M. Higher Secondary School Elampalloor
- Trinity Lyceum Nanthirical
- St. Antony's Higher Secondary School Kanjiracode
- St Margaret's High School Kanjiracode
Main Churches in Kundara
- St. Mary's Jacobite Cathedral, Arumurikakada, Kundara.
- St. Thomas Indian Orthodox Church (Valia Palli), Pallimukku.
- Marthoma Syrian Church, Arumurikkada.
Temples Near Kundara
- Elampaloor Devi Temple
- Varattuchira Devi Temple
- Pujapura Temple
- Thrikkoyikkal Sree Maha Vishnu Maha Devar Temple, Perumpuzha
- Kerala Ceramics, Ltd. "Kerala Ceramics Ltd". www.cdit.org. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kundara.|