West End of Derby
The West End of Derby, England, is an inner city area in the city of Derby, between Kedleston and Ashbourne Roads. It was previously an area of heavy industry, most notably Britannia Mill and Leaper Street Mill. Today, it houses a large number of the student population at the University of Derby. The area is surrounded by other Derby suburbs which are: New Zealand, Friargate and Little Chester (Chester Green). It is also has a village green based on the old Sturgess Playing Field, it is only for the use Darley residents only
University of Derby (Britannia Mill) on corner of Mackworth Road and Markeaton Street.
West End Community Centre is located on Mackworth Road.
Derby West End Bowls Club: corner of Markeaton Street and Mackworth Road.
The Polish Club and Catholic Centre: Kedleston Road.
Emmanuel School (Christian Independent School), Kedleston Road.
Markeaton Primary School: Bromley Street.
Whitecross Nursery School: Watson Street.
Her Majestys Revenue and Customs (Tax Office): Agard Street.
Central Nursey: Nuns Street (which is over 80 years old)
Places of Worship
- St Alkmund's Church, Derby Church of England: Kedleston Road.
- Saint Annes Anglican/Church of England Church: Whitecross Street or Leaper Street.
- Saint John's Church of England Church: corner of Mill Street and Bridge Street.
- Quaker Meeting House: Saint Helens Street.
- St Mary's Catholic Church
- Brick and Tile: Corner of Brick Street and Markeaton Street
- Einsteins Bar: Corner of Agard Street and Searl Street (now closed)
- Five Lamps: Corner of Duffield Road (A6) and Kedleston Street (which won Derby CAMRA pub of the year 2012)
- Horse and Groom: Corner of Elm Street and Parker Street
- The Jonty Farmer: Kedleston Road
- Maypole: Brook Street
- Ram Inn: Corner of Brook Street and Bridge Street (now Closed)
- Severn Stars: King Street (A6)
- Woodlark: Bridge Street
|This Derbyshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|