|Credit Information Company|
|Founded||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India (August 2000 )|
|Headquarters||One Indiabulls Centre, Tower 2A-2B,19th Floor, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Satish Pillai (Managing Director)|
|Services||Research, Risk and Policy Advisory|
TransUnion CIBIL Limited is a credit information company operating in India. It maintains credit files on 600 million individuals and 32 million businesses. TransUnion is one of four credit bureaus operating in India and is part of TransUnion, an American multinational group .
Consumer Credit Reporting
TransUnion CIBIL aggregates consumer borrowing and payment information for the purpose of assessing loan risk and pricing credit (setting the interest rate). It has partnered with Chicago-based TransUnion.
Business Credit Reporting
TransUnion CIBIL aggregates business financial and payment information for the purpose of assessing loan risk and pricing credit (setting the interest rate. It has partnered with New Jersey based Dun and Bradstreet. D&B maintains files on 150 million business worldwide.
Competitors to TransUnion CIBIL include:
- 2000: TransUnion CIBIL Limited (formerly Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited) incorporated
- 2004: Credit bureau services are launched in India (Consumer Bureau).
- 2006: Commercial bureau operations commenced.
- 2007: CIBIL Score, India’s first generic risk scoring model for banks and financial institutions, was introduced.
- 2010: Two firsts for the credit industry in India with the launch of:
- 2011: CIBIL Score is made available to individual consumers.
- 2016: Transunion acquired 82% stake in CIBIL to become Transunion CIBIL.
- 2017: TransUnion CIBIL launches CIBIL MSME Rank to drive credit penetration in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and helping lenders assess risk better 
- 2017: Bank of India sold its 5% share in the company for Rs190.6 crore, implying a value of US$592 million for TransUnion CIBIL
- "Satish Pillai, new MD & CEO of CIBIL". Business Line. 9 July 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Cibil to launch mortgage default database". Hindustan Times. 2010-07-08. Retrieved 2010-12-08.[not in citation given]
- "SBI, HDFC dilute stake in CIBIL". The Hindu Business Line. 2005-05-17. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- "India to get three new credit data bureaus". Live Mint. 1 June 2009.
- "CIBIL eyes new sectors for growth". Times of India. 20 June 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Important of Cibil Credit Score". Credit Vidya. 2012-05-17. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- "How to get Cibil Score Online". CreditVidya. 2012-05-17. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- "How Cibil score check chances of landing a job". freescoreindia. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- Shetty, Mayur (April 18, 2017). "Employers add credit score to list of employee background checks". Times of India. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "About Us." Dun & Bradstreet. Retrieved on October 1, 2012. "HQ info: 103 John F. Kennedy Parkway Short Hills, NJ 07078"
- "TransUnion CIBIL Limited: Everything You Must Know". Bank Exams Today. 2 January 2017.
- "Everything About : TransUnion CIBIL Limited". Aim Success.
- "CIBIL and TransUnion launch CIBIL Detect". India Infoline.
- "CIBIL and TransUnion launch CIBIL Mortgage Check". Business Standard. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "TransUnion CIBIL launches credit risk ranking for MSMEs". SME Times. 1 March 2017.
- "TransUnion CIBIL introduces ranking for MSMEs". Bank Frontiers. 1 March 2017.
- "BoI to complete sale of 29.96% stake in STCI Finance by month-end". Financial Express. August 29, 2017. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- Official Website
- Reserve Bank of India
- CIBIL Kick starts operations
- 'Fraud repository will help banks'
- How to check CIBIL score
- CIBIL to provide one free credit report a year
- How to check Free CIBIL Credit score online
- How to Get a Free CIBIL Credit Score & Report in India Once in a Year