List of mausolea
This is a list of mausolea around the world.
- 1 Afghanistan
- 2 Albania
- 3 Algeria
- 4 Angola
- 5 Azerbaijan
- 6 Bangladesh
- 7 Belgium
- 8 Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 9 Brunei
- 10 Bulgaria
- 11 China
- 12 Cuba
- 13 Cyprus
- 14 Czech Republic
- 15 Egypt
- 16 Estonia
- 17 France
- 18 Finland
- 19 Germany
- 20 Hungary
- 21 India
- 22 Indonesia
- 23 Iran
- 24 Iraq
- 25 Israel and Palestinian territories
- 26 Italy
- 27 Jordan
- 28 Kazakhstan
- 29 Kyrgyzstan
- 30 Mali
- 31 Mongolia
- 32 Morocco
- 33 Myanmar
- 34 Netherlands
- 35 North Korea
- 36 Norway
- 37 Pakistan
- 38 Philippines
- 39 Poland
- 40 Romania
- 41 Russia
- 42 Saudi Arabia
- 43 Serbia
- 44 South Korea
- 45 Spain
- 46 Sudan
- 47 Syria
- 48 Taiwan
- 49 Tajikistan
- 50 Turkmenistan
- 51 Turkey
- 52 Ukraine
- 53 United Kingdom
- 54 United States
- 55 Uzbekistan
- 56 Venezuela
- 57 Vietnam
- 58 See also
- 59 References
- 60 External links
The Shrine of Baba Wali near Kandahar
- Pir-Hussein Mausoleum
- Nizami Mausoleum (Ganja)
- Mausoleum of Seyid Yahya Bakuvi in the Palace of the Shirvanshahs (Baku)
- Tomb of Shirvanshahs in the Palace of the Shirvanshahs (Baku)
- Momine Khatun Mausoleum (Nakhchivan)
- Yusif ibn Kuseyir Mausoleum (Nakhchivan)
- Huseyn Javid Mausoleum (Nakhchivan)
- Prophet Noah Mausoleum (Nakhchivan)
- Shamakhi mausoleum (Şamaxı)
- Seyyid Amin Mausoleum (Beylagan Rayon)
- Kerbalai Seyyid Agha Mausoleum (Beylagan Rayon)
- Sheikh Badraddin Mausoleum, Sheikh Mansur Mausoleum, Sheikh Mahomed Mausoleum (Həzrə, Qabala Rayon)
- Haji Mahmud Effendi Mausoleum or Blue mausoleum (Aslanbəyli, Qazakh Rayon)
- Mausoleum Mollaverdi (Goranboy Rayon)
- Sheikh Zayed and Seyyid Khalife Mausoleums (Lankaran Rayon)
- Yeddi Gumbez Mausoleum (Şamaxı)
- Naimi Mausoleum (Xanəgah, Julfa Rayon)
- Garabaghlar Mausoleum (Qarabağlar, Kangarli Rayon)
- Çalxanqala Mausoleum (Çalxanqala, Kangarli Rayon)
- Javad Khan Mausoleum (Ganja)
- Diri Baba Mausoleum (Qobustan)
- Vagif Mausoleum (Shusha)
- Mirza Adigezal bey Mausoleum (Rəhimli, Goranboy Rayon)
- Yahya ibn Muhammad al-Haj Mausoleum (Məmmədbəyli, Zangilan Rayon)
- Barda Mausoleum (Barda)
- Akhsatan Baba Mausoleum (Barda Rayon)
- Heydar Almazov Mausoleum (Neftchala Rayon)
- Siradzhaddin Agha Mausoleum (Samukh Rayon)
- Anagid Mausoleum (Çaykənd, Goygol Rayon)
- Sheikh Yusif Mausoleum (Şıxlar, Khachmaz Rayon)
- Kələxana Mausoleums (Shamakhi Rayon)
- Pirmərdəkan Mausoleum (Göylər, Shamakhi Rayon)
- Baba Samad Mausoleum (Rüdəkənar, Masally Rayon)
- Gharib Seyyid Mausoleum (Şatıroba, Masally Rayon)
- Baba Amir Mausoleum (Masally Rayon)
- Khalil Mausoleum (Siyəzən)
- Subaby Mausoleum (Alpan, Quba Rayon)
- Dilim Baba Mausoleum (Hapıt, Quba Rayon)
- Qaqash Huseyn Mausoleum (Şivlə, Lerik Rayon)
- Sumakhi Mausoleum (Digah, Absheron Rayon)
- Ahmad ibn Karim Mausoleum (Maşxan, Astara Rayon)
- Sheikh Ahmadli Mausoleum (Xəlilli, Agsu Rayon)
- Alley of Honor (Baku)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Battenberg Mausoleum, Sofia (1897)
- Georgi Dimitrov Mausoleum, Sofia (1949; demolished in 1999)
- St George the Conqueror Chapel Mausoleum, Pleven (1907)
- Mausoleum of the Liberators, Razgrad
- Mausoleum of Antim I, Vidin (1934)
- Mausoleum of the Yellow Emperor
- Ancient Tombs at Longtou Mountain
- Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor, Xi'an
- Maolingtomb of Emperor Wu of Han outside Xi'an
- Thirteen Imperial Mausoleums of Ming Dynasty Emperors, Beijing
- Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Nanjing
- Fuling Tomb, Shenyang
- Zhao Mausoleum (Qing Dynasty)
- Eastern Qing Tombs
- Western Qing Tombs
- Zhao Mausoleum (Tang dynasty)
- Qianling Mausoleum, tomb of Emperor Gaozong of Tang outside Xi'an.
- Han Yang Ling Mausoleum, tomb of Emperor Jing of Han outside Xi'an.
ANCIENT EGYPT Mausolea:
HOLY SHRINES & MAUSOLEA in Egypt
Christian Holy Shrines and Mausolea
- Monastery of Saint Macarius the Great, Shrine of Saint John the Baptist & Elisha the Prophet
- Monastery of Saint Macarius the Great, Shrine of Saints Macarius the Great, Macarius of Alexandria, Macarius of the Bishop
- Syrian Monastery, Egypt, Shrine of Mary Magdalene
- Saint Mark's Coptic Orthodox Cathedral (Alexandria), Shrine of Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Saint Mark's Coptic Orthodox Cathedral, Cairo, Shrine of Saint Athanasius
- Paromeos Monastery, Shrine of Saints Maximus & Domitius
- White Monastery, Shrine of Saint Shenouda the Archimandrite
- Convent of Saint Theodore (Harat al-Rum), Shrine of Saint Marina the Monk
- St. Abraam Coptic Orthodox Monastery, Shrine of Abraam, Bishop of Faiyum
- Monastery of Saint Mina, Shrine of Pope Cyril VI & Saint Menas
- Saint Mercurius Church in Coptic Cairo, Shrine of Mother Irini
- Monastery of Saint Pishoy, Shrine of Pope Shenouda III
- Monastery of Saint Mina, Shrine of Pope Cyril VI & Saint Menas
Islamic Holy Shrines and Mausolea
- Mausoleum of Al Mursi Abu al-Abbas, Abu al-Abbas al-Mursi Mosque in Alexandria
- Mausoleum of Abul Hasan ash-Shadhili in Sheikhhazly.
- Mausoleum of Al-Hussein, Al-Hussein Mosque in Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Al-Sayeda Nafeesah Mosque, in Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Sayyidah Zaynab, Sayyidah Zaynab Mosque in Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Al Sheikh Yusef Abu Haggag, Mosque of Abu Haggag in Luxor.
MAMLUK MAUSOLEA in Egypt
MAUSOLEA of The Muhammad Ali Dynasty
- Mausoleum of Hosh al-Basha in Fustat, Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Muhammad Ali Pasha in The Great Mosque of Muhammad Ali Pasha, Citadel of Cairo, Cairo.
- Khedival Mausoleum, Al-Rifa'i Mosque, Mosque in Midan al Qal'a, Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Khedive Tawfiq, Qubbat Afandina, Afifi, Cairo.
20th CENTURY MAUSOLEA & MEMORIALS in Egypt
- Mausoleum of Abdel Halim Hafez in Al-Rifa'i Mosque, Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Aga Khan III in Aswan.
- Mausoleum of Auguste Mariette in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Boutros Boutros-Ghali in Petrine Church, Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Constantine P. Cavafy in the Greek Orthodox Cemetery of Alexandria.
- Mausoleum of Gamal Abdel Nasser, Gamal Abdel Nasser Mosque, in Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Naguib Mahfouz in Al-Rashdan Mosque, Madinet Nasser, Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Saad Zaghloul, Beit El-Umma, Downtown Cairo.
- Mausoleum of Youssef Chahine in family crypt of the Greek Orthodox Cemetery of Alexandria.
- Mausoleum of Umm Kulthum in Cairo.
War Memorials in Egypt
Commonwealth War Graves Commission Egypt
- Alamein Memorial, Mathruh.
- El Qantara, Ismaileya.
- Alexandria (Hadra) War Memorial Cemetery.
- Heliopolis War Cemetery.
- Basilica of St Denis
- Les Invalides
- Père Lachaise Cemetery contains many notable examples from the classic and Ancient Egyptian-inspired memorials to Napoleon's marshals through to the modernist such as Oscar Wilde's
- Mausoleum im Schlosspark Charlottenburg
- Bismarck Mausoleum, the mausoleum of Prince Otto von Bismarck and his wife Johanna von Puttkamer.
- The Carstanjen Mausoleum, a Grecian rotunda at Haus Carstanjen, Bonn
- Floratempel, mausoleum of Carl Duisberg, Leverkusen
- Zentralfriedhof Friedrichsfelde, mausoleum of the Socialists
- Main: Mausoleums in India
- Imogiri, in Java where Sultan Agung's Mausoleum has extended into a complex of descendants graves.
- Makam Bung Karno in Blitar, East Java, Indonesia
- Astana Giribangun
Israel and Palestinian territories
- Mausoleum of Augustus
- Mausoleum of Theodoric
- Castel Sant'Angelo, Hadrian mausoleum
- Pantheon, Rome
- San Cassiano cemetery—Cripta Mussolini, burial place of Benito Mussolini.
- Al-Khazneh in Petra, believed to be the mausoleum of Nabataean King Aretas IV
- Hashemite Family Cemetery, the royal cemetery of the Jordan royal family.
- The Mausoleum located under the ground floor of Akershus Fortress in Oslo contains the bodies of Olav V and Haakon VII of Norway. Queen Maud of Norway and Crown Princess Märtha of Norway
- Marcos Museum and Mausoleum in Batac City, Ilocos Norte, the mausoleum houses the remains of Former Philippine President Ferdinand E. Marcos.
- Mausoleum of the Grand Masters of the Teutonic Order, Ordensburg Marienburg in Malbork, Poland
- Powązki Military Cemetery
- Kuća cveća (House of the Flowers) Where comrade Marshal Josip Broz Tito was laid to rest in Belgrade.
- Oplenac, mausoleum of the Serbian Karađorđević Royal Family.
- Cihu Presidential Burial Place, burial place of President Chiang Kai-shek, in Daxi.
- Touliao Mausoleum, burial place of President Chiang Ching-Kuo in Daxi.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2019)
- Nikolay Pirogov's mausoleum (Vinnitsa)
- Grigory Kotovsky's mausoleum (destroyed in 1941 by Romanian troops).
- Westminster Abbey
- St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle
- Frogmore Mausoleum, burial place of Victoria and Albert
- Highgate Cemetery, London, has an impressive collection of Victorian mausoleums
- Castle Howard Mausoleum, in Yorkshire, by the noted architect Hawksmoor, and ancestral resting place of the Howard family. Inaccessible to the public save by prior appointment.
- Kensal Green Cemetery, London, the oldest English cemetery of its type still in operation, has many elaborate Victorian mausoleums, including that of Anthony Trollope.
- Museum of Garden History, holds Captain Bligh’s monument moulded from Coade stone.
- West Norwood Cemetery, London includes listed buildings with unusual materials that include wood, pottery (Doulton and Tate) and cast iron (Berens), and many classical mausoleums in its Greek Orthodox area.
- Ralph Adam Mausoleum (c.1766, restored 1965), Claverton, Somerset. *Hamilton Mausoleum, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire. One of the largest mausolea in the world, the building was started by David Hamilton in 1842 and completed by David Bryce and Alexander Richie in 1858.External link
- Templeton Mausoleum of Castle Upton, Templepatrick, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
- Stephenson Family Mausoleum (1837), Ballyclare, County Antrim
- Presidents' graves
- Washington's Tomb
- Taylor Mausoleum
- Garfield Memorial
- Glover Mausoleum
- Lincoln Tomb
- Grant's Tomb
- MacArthur Memorial
- McKinley National Memorial
- Miles Mausoleum
- Mount Holly Mausoleum
- Queen of Heaven Mausoleum
- Stanford Mausoleum
- Tacoma Mausoleum
- Tombs of the Uga mascots in Sanford Stadium
- Wainwright Tomb
- Conjunto Monumental Panteón Nacional y Mausoleo del Libertador, National Pantheon of Venezuela and Simón Bolívar's Mausoleum
- El Museo Histórico Militar de Caracas, Mausoleum of Hugo Chávez, the President of Venezuela.