Bao'an Dadao,a major thoroughfare of Bao'an
Bao'an District within Shenzhen
|• Total||392.14 km2 (151.41 sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Bao'an District (Chinese: 宝安区; pinyin: Bǎo'ān Qū) is one of the six districts comprising Shenzhen, a major city in Guangdong, People's Republic of China. It is one of the two districts formerly lying outside the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone, the other being Longgang.
Formerly known as Bao'an(or San On) County, after being integrated into Shenzhen in 1979, Bao'an was reverted into county status in 1981. Finally Bao'an district was established in January 1, 1993. Two new districts(新区)were separated from Bao'an district, namely Guangming and Longhua new districts, in 2007 and 2011 respectively.In 2010, it was returned to be a part of Shenzhen Special Economic Zone and rapid development occurred.
The district had a population of 2,736,500 in 2014. About 85% of Bao'an's population are migrants from other parts of China, most speaking Mandarin. Hence this made Mandarin the primary Chinese variety spoken in the district. Cantonese is also widely spoken, between locals and migrants from around Guangdong.
Bao'an has a notoriously bad safety record. Since the turn of the millennium, the district has seen a string of high-profile abductions, robberies, and other cases of violent crime. However, in the last 4 years, this has become less of an issue with an increased police presence and higher average income in the district. Foreigners rarely feel threatened when going about their daily (or nightly) lives in Bao'an District.
Bao'an District comprises ten subdistricts:
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)|
|Xin'an Subdistrict||新安街道||Xīn'ān Jiēdào||410,056|
|Xixiang Subdistrict||西乡街道||Xīxiāng Jiēdào||580,736|
|Songgang Subdistrict||松岗街道||Sōnggǎng Jiēdào||398,153|
|Shajing Subdistrict||沙井街道||Shājǐng Jiēdào||529,041|
|Fuyong Subdistrict||福永街道||Fúyǒng Jiēdào||472,792|
|Shiyan Subdistrict||石岩街道||Shíyán Jiēdào||248,139|
|Guangming Subdistrict||光明街道||Guāngmíng Jiēdào||66,549|
|Gongming Subdistrict||公明街道||Gōngmíng Jiēdào||414,358|
|Longhua Subdistrict||龙华街道||Lónghuá Jiēdào||367,521|
|Minzhi Subdistrict||民治街道||Mínzhì Jiēdào||281,652|
|Dalang Subdistrict||大浪街道||Dàlàng Jiēdào||277,689|
|Guanlan Subdistrict||观澜街道||Guānlán Jiēdào||452,598|
Bao'an is predominantly a secondary sector economy as industrial center famous for having a concentration electronics factories, mostly in Xixiang and Guanlan sub-districts. There is also a sizable service industry. Agriculture, which used to dominate the economy, has diminished in recent years. Like many parts of Shenzhen, high-rises can be found all over Bao'an.
Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport (深圳宝安国际机场) is situated in this district. Shenzhen metro lines 1, 4, and 5 go through the district at some point. The Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High-Speed Railway cuts through the district north to south.
- South China Morning Post, Police struggle to cope with Shenzhen crime wave, December 31, 2005.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Contact Us." Shenzhen Airlines. Retrieved on 9 September 2009.
- "Contact Us." Jade Cargo International. Retrieved on July 11, 2010.
- "联系我们." Shenzhen Donghai Airlines. Retrieved on February 24, 2014. "Address:Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport, Shenzhen Airlines. Post code：518128" - Chinese address: "地址：深圳市宝安区宝安国际机场航站四路3009号东海航空基地 邮政编码:518128"
- "Contact Us." SF Airlines. Retrieved on February 24, 2014. "SF Airlines Co., Ltd. Address: No.1 Freight Depot, International Shipping Center of Bao'an International Airport, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, 518128, P.R.C." - Chinese address: "地 址：中国广东省深圳市宝安国际机场国际货运中心1号货站 邮 编：518128"
- "联系方式" (Archive). Vienna Hotels. Retrieved on November 9, 2014. "总部地址：深圳市龙华新区深圳北站西广场B1b栋维也纳国际酒店二层"