Miss Universo Brasil
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Miss Universo Brasil beauty contest is launched in 1954. The partnership between Rede Bandeirantes and the Miss Universe Organization will be expanded. The Enter from event company Grupo Bandeirantes has signed a contract with Donald Trump and NBCUniversal to give a new impulse to beauty contests in Brazil. The control of 27 regional competitions in the Miss Universe will enter Brazil, which will be responsible for everything from selection of candidates for transmission of the event. The current Miss Universo Brasil is Raissa Santana of Paraná.
Competition to win the crown of "Miss Brasil" began in the 1920s following a trend throughout the world during that period. A famous controversy occurred when Miss Brasil 1929 competed in the International Pageant of Pulchritude, known as "Miss Universe" in the 1930s, but failed to place in the competition, much less win. The angered Brazilians hosted their own international pageant in 1930 leading to two separate "Miss Universe" titles that year, not related to the modern Miss Universe competition created in 1952. In the Brazilian "Miss Universe", Miss Brasil won the title while in the other competition in the US, Miss United States received the crown of Miss Universe 1930. These competitions, like many others in the world, were discontinued as the Great Depression and World War II diverted the world's attention. The modern Miss Brasil pageant was created in 1954 in the city of Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro. The first edition of Miss Brasil, won by Bahia's representative Martha Rocha, was sponsored by the Folha de S.Paulo newspaper.
|2012||Gabriela Markus||Rio Grande do Sul||Centro de Eventos do Ceará, Fortaleza, CE||September 29, 2012|
|2013||Jakelyne Oliveira||Mato Grosso||Minascentro, Belo Horizonte, MG||September 28, 2013|
|2014||Melissa Gurgel||Ceará||Centro de Eventos do Ceará, Fortaleza, CE||September 27, 2014|
|2015||Marthina Brandt||Rio Grande do Sul||Credicard Hall, São Paulo, SP||November 19, 2015|
|2016||Raissa Santana||Paraná||Credicard Hall São Paulo, SP||October 1, 2016|
Miss Brasil 1999
Renata Fan, RS.
|1954||Martha Rocha||Bahia||1st Runner-Up|
|1955||Emília Corrêia||Ceará||Top 15|
|1956||Maria José Cardoso||Rio Grande do Sul||Top 15|
|1957||Terezinha Morango||Amazonas||1st Runner-Up|
|1958||Adalgisa Colombo||Rio de Janeiro||1st Runner-Up||(In Memoriam)|
|1959||Vera Regina Ribeiro||Rio de Janeiro||4th Runner-Up|
|1960||Jean "Gina" MacPherson||Rio de Janeiro||Top 15|
|1961||Staël Maria Abelha||Minas Gerais|
|1962||Olívia Rebouças||Bahia||4th Runner-Up|
|1963||Ieda Maria Vargas||Rio Grande do Sul||Miss Universe 1963|
|1964||Ângela Vasconcelos||Paraná||Top 15|
|1965||Raquel Helena de Andrade||Rio de Janeiro||Top 15|
|1966||Ana Cristina Ridzi Bercet||Rio de Janeiro|
|1967||Carmen Sílvia Ramasco||São Paulo||Top 15||Best National Costume|
|1968||Martha Vasconcellos||Bahia||Miss Universe 1968|
|1969||Vera Lúcia Fischer||Santa Catarina||Top 15||Best in Swimsuit|
|1970||Eliane Thompson||Rio de Janeiro||Top 15|
|1971||Eliane Guimarães||Minas Gerais||4th Runner-Up|
|1972||Rejane Vieira Costa||Rio Grande do Sul||1st Runner-Up||(In Memoriam)|
|1973||Sandra Mara Ferreira||São Paulo||Top 15|
|1974||Sandra Guimarães||São Paulo|
|1975||Ingrid Budag||Santa Catarina||Top 15|
|1976||Kátia Celestino Moretto||São Paulo||(In Memoriam)|
|1977||Cássia Moraes Silveira||São Paulo|
|1978||Suzana Araújo dos Santos||Minas Gerais|
|1979||Marta Jussara da Costa||Rio Grande do Norte||3rd Runner-Up|
|1980||Eveline Didier Schröeter||Rio de Janeiro|
|1981||Adriana Alves de Oliveira||Rio de Janeiro||3rd Runner-Up||Best National Costume|
|1982||Celice Pinto Marques||Pará||Top 12|
|1983||Marisa Fully Coelho||Minas Gerais||(In Memoriam)|
|1984||Ana Elisa Flores da Cruz||São Paulo|
|1985||Márcia Giagio Canavezes||Mato Grosso||Top 10|
|1986||Deise Nunes de Souza||Rio Grande do Sul||Top 10|
|1987||Jacqueline Ribeiro Meirelles||Distrito Federal||Best National Costume|
|1988||Isabel Cristina Bedüschi||Santa Catarina|
|1989||Flávia Cavalcanti Rebêlo||Ceará||Best National Costume|
|1991||Patrícia Franco de Godói||São Paulo|
|1992||Maria Carolina Portella||Paraná|
|1993||Leila Cristine Schüster||Rio Grande do Sul||Top 10|
|1994||Valéria Melo Peris||São Paulo|
|1995||Renata Bessa Soares||Minas Gerais|
|1996||Maria Joana Parizotto||Paraná|
|1997||Nayla Fernanda Micherif||Minas Gerais|
|1998||Michela Dauzacker Marchi||Mato Grosso do Sul||Top 10|
|1999||Renata Bonfiglio Fan||Rio Grande do Sul|
|2000||Josiane Kruliskoski||Mato Grosso|
|2001||Juliana Borges||Rio Grande do Sul|
|2002||Joseane Oliveira||Rio Grande do Sul|
|2003||Gislaine Ferreira||Tocantins||Top 10|
|2004||Fabiane Niclotti||Rio Grande do Sul|
|2005||Carina Beduschi||Santa Catarina|
|2006||Rafaela Zanella||Rio Grande do Sul||Top 20|
|2007||Natália Guimarães||Minas Gerais||1st Runner-Up|
|2008||Natália Anderle||Rio Grande do Sul|
|2009||Larissa Costa Silva||Rio Grande do Norte|
|2010||Débora Moura Lyra||Minas Gerais|
|2011||Priscila Machado||Rio Grande do Sul||2nd Runner-Up|
|2012||Gabriela Markus||Rio Grande do Sul||4th Runner-Up|
|2013||Jakelyne Oliveira||Mato Grosso||4th Runner-Up|
|2014||Melissa Gurgel||Ceará||Top 15|
|2015||Marthina Brandt||Rio Grande do Sul||Top 15|
|2016||Raissa Santana||Paraná||Top 13|
Some Miss Brasil winners or finalists were acting in a lead or supporting roles in telenovelas and motion pictures after her reigns (nationwide or locally). By example:
- Natália Guimarães (Minas Gerais, winner, 2007 and 1st. runner up at Miss Universe 2007);
- Grazi Massafera (Paraná, 2nd runner up, 2004);
- Marisa Fully Coelho (Minas Gerais, winner, 1983);
- Suzy Rego (Pernambuco, 1st runner-up, 1984);
- Vera Fischer (Santa Catarina, winner, 1969).
Some Miss Brasil winners or finalists acted or are still active hosting shows, sports programming or movie sessions aired in national television daily or weekly. They were/are:
- Brasília's resident and Cuiabá's native Jacqueline Meirelles (Cinema em Casa-SBT, 1988, Mulher 90 – Rede Manchete, 1989 and some works in TV Gazeta in the 1990s and SBT´s A Praça é Nossa late 2000s and early 2010s). She won Miss Universe 1987 best national costume;
- Rio Grande do Sul's Luize Altenhofen (Band Esporte Clube – Rede Bandeirantes, 2007–present and other works on the same network and also at Sportv basic cable channel) 1st runner-up, 1998, she did not compete at the Miss International of that year held in Tokyo due to illness.
- São Paulo's Adriana Colin (former host of sports programs in Rede Manchete and Rede Record from 1994 to 1997 and 1999 to 2002,former host of SBT´sFantasia from 1997 to 1998,former commercial host of Globo's Domingão do Faustão, 2002–2009) 1st runner-up, 1989.
- However, the most famous former Miss Brazil who became TV hostess is Renata Fan, from Rio Grande do Sul, winner of Miss Brazil 1999, but she unplaced Top 10 at Miss Universe from same year. She also won Miss World University 2000. She has also hosted the TV show Canal Aberto at Rede Bandeirantes.
Some Miss Brasil pageant contestants, finalists or winners have appeared in popular reality television programs broadcast nationwide:
- Paraná's Grazielli Massafera (Big Brother Brasil 5 – Runner-Up, Rede Globo, 2005) was 2nd runner-up at national pageant in earlier years. She represented the country at Miss International 2004, held in Beijing;later she was able to establish a consolidated career as an actress,including getting an 44th International Emmy Awards nomination.
- São Paulo's Solange Frazão (Celebrity's House 3 – 4th Place, SBT, 2002) was 1st runner-up at the national pageant organized by the network of the program in 1982. Today, she is a very popular TV hostess in her country.
- Rio Grande do Sul's Joseane Oliveira (Big Brother Brasil 3 – 12th Place, Rede Globo, 2003 and Big Brother Brasil 10 – 16th Place, Rede Globo, 2010) lost her title on February 4 of that year after admitting to her marriage in a popular Sunday TV show, Domingão do Faustão.
- Pernambuco's Michelle Fernandes (Big Brother Brasil 9 – first evicted of the show in the season, Rede Globo, 2009) was Top 15 in the national pageant previously year.
- Amazonas's Vívian Amorim (Big Brother Brasil 17 –) was Top 10 in the national pageant in 2012.
- "INTERNATIONAL: Lovely Lisl". Time Magazine. 24 June 1929.
- "BRAZIL: Revenge". Time Magazine. 22 September 1930.
- "Raissa Santana of Paraná crowned as Miss Universe Brazil 2016". www.angelopedia.com. Angelopedia. 2 Oct 2016.
|Miss Universe franchise holder for Brazil