NH Hotel Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|public Sociedad Anónima|
|Founder||Antonio Catalan Diaz|
Number of locations
|Products||Hotels and resorts, hospitality and other services for the public and private sectors|
Number of employees
|Rating||B (Fitch Ratings, March 2017)|
NH Hotel Group SA (BMAD: NHH) is a Spanish-based hotel chain headquartered in Madrid. NH offers moderately priced and modernly-furnished hotel rooms and lobbies, located primarily in Europe and Latin America. NH Hotel Group ranks third in the European ranking for business hotels. NH Hotel Group is listed on the Madrid Stock Exchange, where it is a member of the Madrid Stock Exchange General Index, and is also quoted on the New York Stock Exchange (OTC Market).
NH ("Navarra Hoteles", named after the region in Spain) was founded in 1978 by Antonio Catalán. Throughout the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, it made a series of acquisitions (Jolly in Italy, Krasnapolsky in the Netherlands, Astron in Germany) which increased its size to close to 400 hotels. In 2014, four brands were created to commercialize its properties: NH Hotels, NH Collection, nhow, and Hesperia Resorts.
The company was severely affected by the 2008 economic crisis and changed top management often: Gabriele Burgio (now with Alpitour), Mariano Pérez Claver (ex Bankia) and Federico González Tejera (now with Carlson). González Tejera managed to steer the company throughout a strategic plan restructuring.
The group has 380 hotels in 29 countries with over 53,000 rooms. In 2016, China became the group's 30th market, with two hotels in Haikou and Sanya expected to open in the second half of 2016. It has 54 projects for new hotels under construction, which would add almost 8,000 new rooms.
As of 27 February 2017[update], HNA Group was the largest shareholder with 29.34% of shares. However, after HNA Group acquired the competitor of NH Hotel Group, Carlson Hotels Inc., 4 directors of NH Hotel Group that were nominated by HNA Group were removed by the company in mid-2016.
- "Fitch Revises NH Hotel Outlook to Positive; Affirms IDR at 'B'" (Press release). Fitch Ratings. 24 March 2017. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Contact us." NH Hotels. Retrieved on 24 January 2011. "Address: Investor Relations Department c/ Santa Engracia 120 28003 Madrid."
- Diego, Enrique de; Susaeta, Lourdes; Arboledas, José Ramón Pin; Ruz, Esperanza Suárez (2016-11-17). "NUEVO RUMBO ESTRATÉGICO Y REESTRUCTURACIÓN: EL CASO NH HOTEL GROUP". Universia Business Review (in Spanish). 0 (52). doi:10.3232/UBR.2016.V13.N4.03. ISSN 1698-5117.
- "NH Hotels - Hotel Directory". NH Hotels. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Consolidated Financial Statements and Management Report 2016" (PDF). NH Hotel Group. 23 June 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
|This article about a hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Spanish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|