|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Headquarters||McLean, Virginia, U.S.|
Number of locations
Conrad Hotels & Resorts is an international brand of luxury hotels and resorts owned and operated by Hilton Worldwide. Conrad was considered the luxury flagship brand in the Hilton Family of Brands, named after company founder Conrad Hilton, until being supplanted by The Waldorf-Astoria Collection in 2006.
- 1 History
- 2 Properties and locations
- 2.1 Americas
- 2.2 Asia Pacific
- 2.3 Europe
- 2.4 Middle East and Africa
- 3 New hotels
- 4 References
- 5 External links
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (June 2011)|
Barron Hilton, son of Conrad Hilton, founded Conrad Hotels, taking the name from that of his father. Hilton Hotels was, at the time, a separate company from Hilton International, and could not operate hotels outside the United States under the Hilton name. The newly named chain solved that problem. Hilton International had already started their own chain of Vista Hotels within the United States, as they faced the same prohibition on operating there under the Hilton name. The first Conrad hotel, the Conrad Jupiters Gold Coast in Australia, opened its doors in 1985.
When the two Hilton chains were rejoined in 2005, the need for the Vista and Conrad names vanished. Vista was phased out, while the Conrad brand was retained as a luxury wing of Hilton. Numerous hotels have since been opened under that name in the United States.
Properties and locations
As of October 2013, Conrad had 23 hotels, as follows:
- Conrad Seoul - located within the IFC Seoul in Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu in Seoul - opened on 12 November 2012
Middle East and Africa
United Arab Emirates
New Conrad Hotels & Resorts in development are:
- "Conrad Hotel to Open in Seoul This Winter". Chosun Ilbo. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Cha, Frances (13 November 2012). "Conrad Seoul opens in Korea: For business travelers sick of competing for hotel rooms with tourists". CNN Travel. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Upcoming Openings". Conrad Hotels & Resorts. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Conrad Hotels.|