Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari
|• Total||13.98 km2 (5.40 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,100/km2 (8,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Ramachandrapuram is a town in East Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The town is a Municipality which serves as the headquarters of Ramachandrapuram mandal and Ramachandrapuram revenue division.
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 43,657. The total population constitute, 21,544 males, 22,113 females and 3,994 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 82.25% with 32,623 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- K.N. Murali Sankar (4 April 2013). "All set for creation of new revenue division". The Hindu. Kakinada. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Ramachandrapuram
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.