From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
April 2001 is fourth month of that year. It's began started on Sunday, after 30 days, ended on Monday.
April 1, 2001
- An EP-3E United States Navy spyplane collides with a Chinese People's Liberation Army fighter jet. (See Hainan Island incident)
- Former president of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Slobodan Milošević surrenders to police special forces, to be tried on charges of war crimes.
- The first legal same-sex marriage in the Netherlands is celebrated.
April 6, 2001
April 7, 2001
- An M-17 helicopter crashes into mountain in south of Hanoi, Vietnam, killing 16. The flight was carrying United States armed forces personnel searching for MIAs from Vietnam War
April 11, 2001
- The detained crew of a United States EP-3E aircraft that landed in Hainan, People's Republic of China, after a collision with an F-8 fighter, is released.
- Film: Joe Dirt starring David Spade
April 15, 2001
- Easter day.
April 20, 2001
- The anti-globalization movement holds a People's Summit and large protest marches, some of which are forcibly put down by police, against the FTAA summit in Quebec City, Quebec
- Film: Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles
- Film: Freddy Got Fingered
April 21, 2001
April 23, 2001
April 30, 2001
- Dennis Tito, the first 'space tourist' in space lifts off in a Russian rocket heading for the International Space Station.
- Chandra Levy, a former intern to California Congressman Gary Condit, is last seen in Washington, DC.