Astana International Airport
|Astana Nursultan Nazarbayev International Airport
Нұрсұлтан Назарбаев Атындағы Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы
Nursultan Nazarbaev atyndag'y halyqaralyq Astana a'y'ejai'y
Международный аэропорт Астана-Нурсултан Назарбаев
|Operator||JSC Astana International Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||355 m / 1,165 ft|
Astana Nursultan Nazarbayev International Airport (Kazakh: Nursultan Nazarbaev atyndag'y halyqaralyq Astana a'y'ejai'y; Нұрсұлтан Назарбаев Атындағы Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы); Russian: Международный Аэропорт Астана-Нурсултан Назарбаев) (IATA: TSE, ICAO: UACC) is an international airport in Kazakhstan located 16.7 km (10.4 mi) southeast of the capital city of Astana.
Astana's first airfield was built in 1931 on the outskirts of the town and was developed further after World War II. However, a new airport, which became Astana international Airport, was built 11 miles to the south of the city and opened in November 1963. It was largely used by Aeroflot and its local directorate. Following the transfer of the capital from Almaty to Astana in December 1997, the airport underwent a series of major reconstructions which brought it up to international standards, including the current 11,484 ft (3,500m) runway. A new passenger terminal designed by the late Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa was opened in February 2005. Further development occurred in 2017 with a second terminal opening in time for Expo 2017 - all international flights moved to this new terminal.
During 2015, traffic increased to 3,366,560 passengers.
There are separate terminal buildings for domestic and international flights. Both terminals are adjacent, share a single car park and have a connecting corridor for transit passengers.
T1 - International Terminal
The new international terminal (labelled "T1") opened in June 2017. Plans for the new terminal show 5-6 new departure gates complimenting the gates in the previously existing terminal building. With the new terminal open, passenger capacity should increase to 7.5 million per year.
T2 - Domestic Terminal
With the opening of the new international terminal, the old terminal (now labelled "T2") is now dedicated to domestic flights.
Airlines and destinations
|Kalitta Air||Hong Kong|
|Turkish Airlines Cargo||Istanbul–Atatürk|
- AIP Kazakhstan
- "Astana Kazakh Gem". Airliner World: 64–67. March 2015.
- "Astana International Airport's new terminal takes the first international flight". Central Asia Aero News. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Astana International Airport Kazakhstan". Mabetex. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "New passenger terminal of Astana airport with of 7.5 mln people capacity". Kazinform - International News Agency. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Air Astana adds Astana – Delhi from July 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- ПОЗНАХАРЁВА, ЕЛЕНА (13 February 2018). "Из Тюмени можно будет улететь в Астану". Тюменская Интернет-газета «Вслух.ру». Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Finnair". 3 November 2016.
- Liu, Jim (2 November 2017). "Qazaq Air adds Astana – Pavlodar service from Nov 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Liu, Jim (12 December 2017). "SCAT adds Vilnius service from May 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
Media related to Astana International Airport at Wikimedia Commons