||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for geographic features. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Garuda mall entrance
|Opening date||May, 2005|
|Developer||Maverick Holdings and Investments|
|Owner||Uday Garudachar; land owned by Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike|
|No. of stores and services||120|
|Total retail floor area||126000 sq. Meters|
|No. of floors||6|
|Parking||Multistorey Parking lot|
Garuda Mall is a premier shopping mall in the city of Bangalore, India. It is situated on Magrath Road at the heart of the central business district in Bangalore, near Brigade Road. The mall has opened another branch in the Heritage City, Mysore near K.R. Circle.
Site and built-up area
The Garuda mall is spread out over 126,000 square meters and includes 30,000 square meters of shopping and entertainment space on six floors and 180 stores.
- Retail stores
- Entertainment/activity centers
- Multiplex cinemas (Inox)
- Multi-storey parking
- Food court
- Multi-cuisine restaurants
Garuda Mall is built on the land owned by Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), and the two parties have a history of conflicts over profit sharing. The BBMP and Garuda Mall have a memorandum of agreement on a 48%-52% basis.
In January 2011, the BBMP Standing Committee (Markets) decided to carry out a surprise inspection of the mall. According to the Committee chairman and Basaveshwaranagar Ward S corporator SH Padmaraj, they had received complaints of "building deviation by the mall-owner". Padmaraj alleged that the mall was cheating BBMP while housing more than 80 shops on a single floor, while paying a monthly rent of ₹ 3.5 million to the BBMP for only 80 shops. He also alleged that the mall had encroached upon a stormwater drain and had converted a parking lot into a food court, violating the agreement. The mall's majority owner Uday Garudachar claimed that the committee members had no right to conduct an inspection without his permission. He also alleged that the inspection was carried out because he had refused the corporators' demand for a bribe.
- The Forum
- Mantri Square
- Bangalore Central
- List of shopping malls in Bangalore
- List of shopping malls in India
- "Garuda mall". Garudamall.net. 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- "Lift in Garuda Mall was overloaded". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 12 July 2005.
- "6-year-old dies after falling from 4th floor of city mall". The Hindu. 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- "Standing panel's surprise visit at Garuda Mall". The New Indian Express. 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- "BBMP members asked me for a bribe, says owner of Garuda mall Garudachar". DNA. 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garuda Mall.|