Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
|Type||Private business school|
|Chairman||Prof. G R Kulkarni|
|President||Prof. J Philip|
|Dean||Prof. Joy Varghese|
|Director||Prof. Mathew Manimala|
|Students||180: PGDM (2015-17)|
|Location|| Bangalore & Kochi &Chennai, India
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME) is a top rated Business School in India. It has fully residential campuses, one located in Bangalore, one in Kochi and one in Chennai.  The Institute pioneered the Association of BRICS Business Schools (ABBS, estd 2008) which is a platform for management education in Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
ICRA has assigned national grade of "ICRA EB2 IN" and state grade of " ICRA EB2+ KA" to the PGDM program of Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship. XIME holds the prestigious accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs [ACBSP] of the United States.
Board of governors
The Chairman of the Board of Governors of XIME is Dr.G R Kulkarni, Former Dean, IIM Ahmedabad.The president of the institution is Prof. J.Philip, Former Director of IIM-Bangalore.
The key founding members of XIME include Prof. J. Philip, former Director, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and former Dean, XLRI and Founder President, Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS); Fr. Dr.E.Abraham SJ, Director XLRI, Jamshedpur; Rev. Dr. Alphonsus Mathias, Archbishop Emeritus, Bangalore; Rev. Dr. Percival Fernandez, former Director, St.John's Medical College, Bangalore; the late Prof.J.D.Cherayil, former Professor, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
- Management Development Programmes.
- Executive / Entrepreneurship Development Programmes .
|Biju Kadapurath||Director — International Smart Cities||PwC||US/India|
|Shailesh Menezes||Head — HR||HP||India|
|Amer Qureshi||Director||Ernst & Young||India|
|Narasimhan S L||HR Head||State Street||Hong Kong|
|Sumesh Menon||CEO||U2opia Mobile||Singapore|
|Souvik Maitra||Senior Managing Consultant||IBM||India|
|Ganesh Shenoy||VP — HR||HSBC||India|
|Samuel Rufus||CEO||GluePlus India||India|
|Mahesh Raman||VP||IndusInd Bank||India|
|Jijo Olassa||CEO||Ignitho Technologies||UK|
|Bipin Cherian||Head — Emerging Markets||Marico||India|
|Elson P K||Divisional HR Manager||Tata Hitachi||India|
|Joshy Augustine||Senior Manager||TIBCO||UK|
|Babu Xavier||Senior Principal||Accenture Strategy||India|
|Mithun K Jose||Corporate Business Controller||DSM||The Netherlands|
- Ranked 17th in India, according to Competition Success Review & GHRDC, October 2016
- Ranked 25th in India, according to Business India, December 2016
- Ranked 30th in India, according to the Ministry of Human Resources Development of India's National Institute of Rankings Framework.
- Ranked 14th in India in a worldwide study of B-Schools by Ed Universal, Paris, 2016 
- Ranked 18th in India by All India Management Association (AIMA) in its publication "Indian Management", in its May 2014 issue.
- Ranked 3rd best B-School in Karnataka and 15th best in private sector in India by Career 360 in August 2014.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
XIME arranges international events in collaboration with seventeen partner institutions around the globe, including campus exchange programmes, faculty exchange programmes and an international study tour for its students. XIME took the initiative in formation of Association of BRICS Business Schools (ABBS), thus bringing together Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
XIME's international network comprises the following institutions:
• Audencia Nantes School of Management, France
• Cotrugli Business Academy, Zagreh, Croatia
• The Universita' Delgi Studi Di Milano Bicocca, Italy
• Negocia / Advancia Business School, Paris
• University of Redlands,Los Angeles, USA
• Wuerzburg Schweinfurt University of Applied Science, Germany
• Kozminsk University, Poland
• Avans Hogeschool University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
• Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade (SIFT), China
• Association of BRICS Business Schools (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa)
• Global Management Education Institute of Shanghai University, Shanghai.
• Shantou University, China
• International Business School, University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing
• State University of Management
• Graduate School of Business, University of Kwazulu Natal, South Africa
• International Relations, FGV-EAESP, São Paulo, Brazil
Students are given an opportunity to work with an NGO or Government organisation in the social welfare field.
XIME has made it a requirement for the students to acquire a working knowledge of at least one foreign language. Currently,[when?] the students are required to study any one of the following three languages, namely German, French or Spanish.
XIME offers a course in Entrepreneurship as a part of the PGDBM curriculum.
Summer project / internship
The students go through projects in the industry during their course at XIME, including a two-month summer project at the end of their first year and weekly industrial visits. Under these programmes, students are required to work with organisations in an area or department of their choice.
Students take part in club activities during the first and the second year. The six clubs and the student forum are:
Social Club: "X-Seed"
Entrepreneurship Club: "Empresario"
"Catalyst", the student forum
- At XIME, the focus is on core competencies Archived 28 June 2014 at the Wayback Machine., advertorial in The Hindu
- Participation in the Conference of BRICS Business Schools at XIME, Bangalore, India Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine., China Daily 24 September 2009
- (http://www.xime.org/accreditation.php)[permanent dead link]
- (http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-3palms.html)[permanent dead link]
- Hindu, The. www.thehindu.com. The Hindu http://www.thehindu.com/features/education/college-and-university/campus-capsule/article2621917.ece. Retrieved 20 March 2015. Missing or empty