Mambajao, viewed from Mt. Hibok-hibok
|Nickname(s): Lanzones Capital of the Philippines|
Map of Camiguin with Mambajao highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Founded||July 6, 1855|
|• Mayor||Jurdin Jesus M. Romualdo (NPC)|
|• Vice Mayor||Roldan A. Chan (NPC)|
|• Total||89 km2 (34 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||440/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)88|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Electorate||22,721 voters as of 2016|
Mambajao is a third class municipality in the province of Camiguin, Philippines. It is the capital and largest municipality of Camiguin. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 38,735 people.
In 1855, Mambajao was proclaimed as a municipality.
In 1942, the Japanese forces landed in the capital town of Mambajao, Camiguin.
In 1945, the Filipino forces of the 6th and 10th Infantry Division of the Philippine Commonwealth Army landed on the beaches of the capital town of Mambajao, and liberated the province from the Japanese Imperial forces in World War II during the Battle of Camiguin.
- Bug ong
|Population census of Mambajao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Mambajao was 38,735 people, with a density of 440 inhabitants per square kilometre or 1,100 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Province: Camiguin". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Political subdivisions of Mambajao - Mambajao Official Website
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Camiguin". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mambajao.|
||Bohol Sea||Bohol Sea|