Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Mohan Singh Oberoi (1898–2002)|
Number of locations
|Africa, Asia, Middle East|
|Parent||East India Hotels|
The foundations of the Oberoi Group dates back to 1934 when Rai Bahadur Mohan Singh Oberoi, the founder Chairman of the group bought from an Englishman; two properties - The Clarke's in Delhi and The Clarke's in Shimla. In the following years Mr. Oberoi, assisted by his two sons, Tilak Raj Singh Oberoi and Prithvi Raj Singh Oberoi continued the expansion of their group with properties both in India and abroad.
Today, P.R.S.Oberoi is the Chairman of The Oberoi Group and his son, Vikram Oberoi and his nephew, Arjun Oberoi serve in the capacities of Joint Managing Directors at EIH Ltd and EIH Associated Hotels, the two major holding companies of The Oberoi Group.
The group also manages hotels under the Trident brand, and operates properties in India and Saudi Arabia.
The Group also operates the The Clarke's in Shimla and the Maidens Hotel, Delhi. These two properties however are not held under the Trident or under the Oberoi brand. The Clarke's, after remaining temporarily shut following its lawns caving in because of construction in the eco-sensitive vicinity, reopened on September 16, 2012.
List of hotels
The Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
- The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
- The Oberoi, Bangalore
- The Oberoi, Gurgaon
- The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur
- The Oberoi Motor Vessel Vrinda, Kerala
- The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata
- The Oberoi, Mumbai
- The Oberoi, New Delhi
- The Oberoi Sukhvilas, Chandigarh
- The Oberoi Vanyavilas, Ranthambore
- The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla
- Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur (No. 1, World's Best Hotels, 2015. No. 4, World Best Hotels, 2012)
- The Oberoi, Mauritius
In Saudi Arabia:
- The Oberoi, Madina
- The Oberoi, Dubai
- Trident, Agra
- Trident, Bhubaneswar
- Trident, Chennai
- Trident, Cochin
- Trident, Gurgaon
- Trident, Hyderabad
- Trident, Jaipur
- Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
- Trident, Nariman Point, Mumbai
- Trident, Udaipur
Other Group Hotels In India
The Oberoi Family headed by its patriarch, Oberoi is the majority shareholder in EIH Ltd with 32.11% stake. Cigarettes to Hotels conglomerate, ITC Limited owns approximately 14.98% stake in EIH Ltd. To ward off pressures from ITC Ltd. whose ownership stands precariously close to the automatic open offer trigger at 15%, the Oberoi family divested 14.12% stake inThe stake sale happened on August 30, 2010 for Rs. 1,021 crores valuing EIH Ltd. at an enterprise value of Rs. 7,200 crores. Recently, the stake of reliance further raised from itc and it stood at 20% overall for Reliance industries.
Oberoi Mumbai at Nariman Point
The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur.
The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata
The Oberoi - Zahra, Nile Cruiser, Egypt
- "Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards"
- "Travel Awards 2008 winners"
- "Condé Nast Traveler:Readers' Choice Awards"
- "Luxury Travel in Jaipur"
- "Padma Vibhushan for Tata, Mittal, Oberoi, Murthy"
- "Oberoi hotels among top three in Asia, six in world"
- "Three Oberoi Hotels Ranked Among Six Best in World"
- "Readers' Travel Awards 2008"
- "Three Indian hotels figure on TripAdvisor's best hotels list"
- "Taj and Oberoi Hotels - Unpolished Indian hospitality brand jewels"
- "Oberoi Hotels - No reservations
- "Oberoi Hotels ranked as Asia's leading brand"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oberoi Hotels & Resorts.|