Xbox Exhibition disks
|Xbox Exhibition series|
Xbox Exhibition disk
|Publisher(s)||Microsoft Game Studios|
|Release date(s)||2002 - December 2004|
Xbox Exhibition was a game demo compilation series from Microsoft Game Studios to advertise and preview upcoming Xbox games. The discs contained several playable game demos, game trailers, video content from G4 TV, music videos, and music from indie artists which were downloadable to the Xbox's hard drive.
With the advent of the Xbox 360, distribution of demos switched to free downloads from the Xbox Live Marketplace. In total there were seven Xbox Exhibition discs released over two years. The last release was volume 7 in December 2004.
- Volume 1 (2002)
- Nine playable game demos: Halo, Madden NFL 2002, NFL Fever 2003, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Quantum Redshift, Splinter Cell, TimeSplitters 2, ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, and Whacked!. Downloads include Dead or Alive 3 booster pack costumes, two downloadable saves for Project Gotham Racing, and two save files for Rallisport Challenge. Music and music videos from: Death Cab for Cutie, John Vanderslice, Rilo Kiley, The Dismemberment Plan, and The Long Winters.
- Volume 2 (March 5, 2003)
- All-Star Baseball 2004, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Kung Fu Chaos, MechAssault, MX Superfly, NBA Inside Drive 2003, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, and Vexx. Downloads were an NFL Fever 2003 roster update, and new characters and environments for ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth and MX Superfly.
- Volume 3 (July 17, 2003)
- Apex, ATV Quad Power Racing 2, Brute Force, Gladius, Inside Pitch 2003, MotoGP 2, NBA Street Vol. 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War, Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus. Downloadable levels and skins for RLH: Run Like Hell, and an extra mission for Splinter Cell called the "Kola Cell" level.
- Volume 4 (November 26, 2003)
- NBA 2K, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Project Gotham Racing 2, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Voodoo Vince. Downloadable content on-disk includes new levels for Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as well as four new maps for Unreal Championship.
- Volume 5 (May 27, 2004)
- NBA Ballers, Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Metal Slug 3, Ninja Gaiden, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Rallisport Challenge 2, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.
- Volume 6 (November 17, 2004)
- Full Spectrum Warrior, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, NCAA Football 2005, Men of Valor, OutRun 2, Second Sight, Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space
- Volume 7 (December 2004)
- Seven demos: Burnout 3: Takedown, Dead or Alive Ultimate, ESPN NHL 2K5, Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, Star Wars Republic Commando, The Incredibles, and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Game.