This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Products||Credit cards, Consumer banking, Corporate banking, Finance and Insurance, Mortgage loans, Private banking, Wealth management, Investment banking|
|Revenue||₹4,468.62 crore (US$670 million) (2017)|
|₹681.49 crore (US$100 million) (2017)|
|₹446.05 crore (US$66 million) (2017)|
|Total assets||₹48,674.77 crore (US$7.3 billion) (2017)|
Number of employees
|Capital ratio||13.72% |
RBL/Ratnakar Bank Limited is a scheduled commercial bank, headquartered in the Mumbai region of Maharashtra, India. Founded in August 1943. The bank has a gross business size of around Rs. 0.64 million Cr. The Bank has a range banking services categorized in five sectors: Corporate & Institutional Banking, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Agri & Development Banking and Financial Markets.
In August 1943, Ratnakar Bank(formarly named as) was a regional bank in Maharashtra with two branches in Kolhapur and Sangli. It used to serve to the small and medium business merchants in the Kolhapur-Sangli belt. In August 1959, the Bank was categorised as a "Scheduled Commercial Bank" within the meaning of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. RBL Bank was referred to as NH4 Bank since most of its occupation was limited to the cities in the 1,235-km highway National Highway 4 that connected four of the 10 most dense cities in India.
In July 2010, Ratnakar Bank introduced Mr. Vishwavir Ahuja as the Managing Director & CEO. The Bank now has a management consisting of qualified individuals in the field of banking, finance, agriculture and other related fields. Since then, RBL has had some noteworthy investors such HDFC Limited, Gaja Capital, Norwest Ventures, CDC Group Plc, Aditya Birla Private Equity, IDFC SPICE Fund, ICICI Lombard General Insurance, etc.
"Ratnakar Bank" was re branded and was portrayed under a new name "RBL Bank" in Mid of Year 2014.
In the 2010s, RBL Bank has allegedly raised Rs 4,000 Cr, from investors. The Bank raised Rs. 700 Cr in 2011, Rs 376 Cr. in 2013, Rs. 328 Cr. in 2014 and Rs.488 Cr in 2016. In September 2016, RBL Bank raised Rs 330 Crores from the UK-based development finance institution, CDC Group Plc (CDC), through Basel III compliant Tier II capital. In July 2017, RBL Bank got the board approval to raise Rs 1680 Cr.
Over the last three years, RBL has gross capital of around Rs. 1,460 Cr. In the year 2015-16, RBL registered a profit of INR 292 Cr.As per the ALLEGED RESULT declared in the year of 2014-15, RBL had a balance sheet growth of 49% and a 4-year CAGR of 70%.
In the year 2016-17, RBL Bank’s registered a Net Total Income of Rs. 1,977 crore from Rs. 1,310 crore in the previous year.Advances and Deposits increased to Rs. 29,449 crore and Rs. 34,588 crore, respectively. The Net Profit was Rs. 446 crore. The Bank’s Cost to Income ratio is 58.6% in FY 16 and 53.4% in FY17. Return on Assets (RoA) and Return on Equity (RoE) is 0.98% and 11.32% in FY 16 and 1.08% and 11.67% in FY 17 respectively. The Bank’s asset is shown by a 1.20% Gross NPA and 0.64 Net NPA.
RBL services large corporations, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), agricultural customers, retail customers and development banking & financial inclusion (low income) customers.
- India's first credit card for Golf Enthusiasts in association with Indian Golf Union
- Shmart e-Wallet
- India Startup Club - With the Indian Government’s campaigns like Make in India and Startup India, RBL Bank launched the India Startup Club, to service the end-to-end banking needs of the emerging entrepreneurial community.
- Saksham - A financial literacy programme in collaboration with CDC to provide education to 25,000 individuals and 300 villages in four districts of Madhya Pradesh. Another Saksham programme was run in Ahmedabad in 2013.
- Swadhaar FinAccess (SFA) - In collaboration with Swadhaar Information and Management Services, RBL Bank started a financial literacy programme in Gujarat and Mumbai, which held a classroom based financial literacy course for women from low income communities.
- Banking Partner for Delhi Daredevils
Awards & recognition
- Ranked 1st amongst 47 banks in the Banking Codes and Standard Board of India (BCSBI) Survey 2014-15 on Commitment to customers and Micro & Small Enterprises
- Rated as India’s Best Bank (Growth) in the mid-sized bank segment - A Business Today and KPMG study in 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015. Also rated Best Bank (Small) and Best Bank (Quality of Assets) 2015
- Rated as the Fastest Growing Small Bank according to Business World-PWC Best Bank Survey 2013, 2014 & 2015.
- Ranked as the Best Bank in the Priority Sector Lending (Private Sector), Dun & Bradstreet Banking Awards, 2014 & 2015.
- Winner of the Best Core Banking Project, India, 2012, Asian Banker Technology Implementation Award
- Financial Services Company of the Year award by VCCircle.
- RBL Bank bought certain businesses of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), India in 2013. The deal included business such as Business Banking, and Credit Cards and the mortgage portfolio, leading to 1.2 lakh customers of RBS, moving to RBL Bank
- RBL Bank acquired a 30% stake in Swadhar Finserve Pvt Ltd in May 2016.
- RBL Bank acquired a 9.99% stake in Utkarsh Micro Finance in October 2016.
- "Balance Sheet 31.03.2017". rblbank.com (15 March 2018).
- "Office of RBL Bank".
- "RBL Bank files DRHP to raise up to $173M in IPO". VC Circle. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "About Mr Vishwavir Ahuja - MD and CEO". Bloomberg. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "RBL raises capital". Business Standard. Retrieved 20 Sep 2017.
- "RBL Board Approval to raise 1680 Crore". Business Standard. Retrieved 20 Sep 2017.
- "RBL Bank Q4 Results". Live Mint. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Annual Report 2014-15" (PDF).
- "RBL FY 16-17 Performance".
- Sonavane, Ravindra N. (2017-04-10). "RBL Bank now among India's 10 most valuable banks". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "RBL on Linkedin".
- "RBL Bank IPO". Money Control.
- "Eko Wallet Launch". Medianama. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "India Startup Club". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "RBL Saksham in Madhya Pradesh". Telegraph India. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Saksham in Ahmedabad". Times Of India. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "RBL Partners With Delhi Daredevils". Times Of India. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "India's Best Banks". Business Today. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Business World-PWC Best Bank Survey". Business World. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "RBL Certifications" (PDF).
- "Best Core Banking Project Awardee". Information Week. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- R, Bruhadeeswaran. "RBL Bank is financial services company of the year: VCCircle Awards". Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "RBS Sells Business To RBL". India Times. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "RBL Acquires Business From RBS". Economic Times. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "RBL-RBS Acquisition". Reuters. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "RBL investments" (PDF).