|Traded as||BSE: 540065|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Mr. Vishwavir Ahuja |
(MD & CEO)
|Products||Consumer banking, Corporate banking, Finance and Insurance|
|Revenue||₹4,468.62 crore (US$620 million) (2017)|
|₹681.49 crore (US$95 million) (2017)|
|₹446.05 crore (US$62 million) (2017)|
|Total assets||₹48,674.77 crore (US$6.8 billion) (2017)|
Number of employees
|Capital ratio||13.72% |
RBL/Ratnakar Bank Limited is a scheduled commercial bank, headquartered in the Mumbai region of Maharashtra, India. Founded in August 1943. The bank has a gross business size of around Rs. 0.64 million Cr. The Bank has a range banking services categorized in five sectors: Corporate & Institutional Banking, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Agri & Development Banking and Financial Markets.
In August 1943, Ratnakar Bank was founded as a regional bank in Maharashtra with two branches in Kolhapur and Sangli. It mainly served small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and business merchants in the Kolhapur-Sangli belt. It was incorporated in Kolhapur district on 14 June 1943 as Ratnakar Bank Limited.
In August 1959, the bank was categorized as a scheduled commercial bank as per the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. During this decade, it was referred to as an NH4 Bank. In 1970, it received a banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
In July 2010, Vishwavir Ahuja became managing director and CEO of the bank. In August 2014 the name of the bank was changed to RBL Bank Limited.
In the 2010s, RBL Bank has reportedly raised Rs 4,000 Cr, from investors. The Bank raised Rs. 700 Cr in 2011, Rs 376 Cr. in 2013, Rs. 328 Cr. in 2014 and Rs.488 Cr in 2016. In September 2016, RBL Bank raised Rs 330 Crores from the UK-based development finance institution, CDC Group Plc (CDC), through Basel III compliant Tier II capital. In July 2017, RBL Bank got the board approval to raise Rs 1680 Cr.
Over the last three years, RBL has gross capital of around Rs. 1,460 Cr. In the year 2015-16, RBL registered a profit of INR 292 Cr.As per the alleged result declared in the year of 2014-15, RBL had a balance sheet growth of 49% and a 4-year CAGR of 70%.
In the year 2016-17, RBL Bank’s registered a Net Total Income of Rs. 1,977 crore from Rs. 1,310 crore in the previous year.Advances and Deposits increased to Rs. 29,449 crore and Rs. 34,588 crore, respectively. The Net Profit was Rs. 446 crore. The Bank’s Cost to Income ratio is 58.6% in FY 16 and 53.4% in FY17. Return on Assets (RoA) and Return on Equity (RoE) is 0.98% and 11.32% in FY 16 and 1.08% and 11.67% in FY 17 respectively. The Bank’s asset is shown by a 1.20% Gross NPA and 0.64 Net NPA.
- Partnered with MoneyTap to launch India's first personal credit line based app.
- Udio Wallet - India's first social payments wallet.
- Saksham - A financial literacy programme in collaboration with CDC to provide education to 25,000 individuals and 300 villages in four districts of Madhya Pradesh. Another Saksham programme was run in Ahmedabad in 2013.
- "Balance Sheet 31.03.2017". rblbank.com (15 March 2018).
- "Office of RBL Bank".
- "RBL Bank files DRHP to raise up to $173M in IPO". VC Circle. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Company History - RBL Bank Ltd". economictimes.indiatimes.com. The Economic Times. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Chakraborty, Somasroy (January 20, 2013). "Ratnakar Bank: From NH4 to NH8". business-standard.com. Business Standard. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- "RBL raises capital". Business Standard. Retrieved 20 Sep 2017.
- "RBL Board Approval to raise 1680 Crore". Business Standard. Retrieved 20 Sep 2017.
- "RBL Bank Q4 Results". Live Mint. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Annual Report 2014-15" (PDF).
- "RBL FY 16-17 Performance".
- Sonavane, Ravindra N. (2017-04-10). "RBL Bank now among India's 10 most valuable banks". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "RBL on Linkedin".
- Bhakta, Pratik (2017-05-23). "Moneytap, RBL Bank to offer line-of-credit to small units". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "Udio Wallet". Medianama.
- "RBL Saksham in Madhya Pradesh". Telegraph India. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Saksham in Ahmedabad". Times Of India. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- R, Bruhadeeswaran. "RBL Bank is financial services company of the year: VCCircle Awards". Retrieved 24 March 2017.