|Elevation||14,007 ft (4,269 m)|
|Prominence||501 ft (153 m)|
|Isolation||1.27 mi (2.04 km)|
|Parent peak||Redcloud Peak|
|Location||Hinsdale County, Colorado, U.S.|
|Range||San Juan Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS 7.5' topographic map
Redcloud Peak, Colorado
|Easiest route||North ridge (from Redcloud Peak): Hike|
Sunshine Peak is a fourteen thousand foot mountain peak in the U.S. state of Colorado. It is located in the San Juan Mountains in Hinsdale County approximately 9 miles (14 km) south west of Lake City, and about 1 mile (1.6 km) south of Redcloud Peak. It rises on the north side of the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River.
Sunshine Peak has the dubious distinction of being the lowest of Colorado's 53 fourteeners. It is also not particularly independent from its higher neighbor Redcloud Peak, with a topographic prominence of 481 feet (147 m) (the minimum standard for an independent fourteener is 300 feet (91 m)). However it has more and steeper local relief than many of the other fourteeners. For example, it rises 4,450 feet (1,356 m) above the townsite of Sherman to the south in only 1.2 miles (1.9 km).
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- "Sunshine Peak". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- The elevation of Sunshine Peak includes an adjustment of +1.969 m (+6.46 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Sunshine Peak, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- "Sunshine Peak". TopoQuest.com.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
- "Redcloud Peak and Sunshine Peak". 14ers.com. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
|This Colorado state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|