Crested Butte, Colorado. Photo by Chris Segal
|Elevation||12,168 ft (3,709 m) |
|Prominence||2,582 ft (787 m) |
|Isolation||4.65 mi (7.48 km) |
|Listing||Colorado prominent summits|
|Location||Gunnison County, Colorado, U.S.|
|Parent range||West Elk Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS 7.5' topographic map
Crested Butte is a prominent mountain summit in the West Elk Mountains range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. The 12,168-foot (3,709 m) peak is located in Gunnison National Forest, 2.1 miles (3.4 km) northeast by east (bearing 59°) of the Town of Crested Butte in Gunnison County, Colorado, United States. Ski lifts and runs of the Crested Butte Mountain Resort occupy the north side of the mountain.
Climate type is dominated by the winter season, a long, bitterly cold period with short, clear days, relatively little precipitation mostly in the form of snow, and low humidity.
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- The elevation of Crested Butte includes an adjustment of +1.940 m (+6.36 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Crested Butte, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- "Crested Butte". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Climate Summary for Crested Butte
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
|This Colorado state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|