|UFC 46: Supernatural|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 31, 2004|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
UFC 46: Supernatural was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on January 31, 2004, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States, and later released on DVD.
- Serra wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 30–27 in favor of Serra.
- Thomson wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 29–28 in favor of Thomson.
- St-Pierre wins by unanimous decision. Judges scored the bout 29–28, 30–27, and 30–27 for St-Pierre.
- Murray wins by submission (Triangle Armbar) at 1:45 of round one.
- Verissimo wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 30–27. The bout was originally slated to take place at 170 lb, Newton had issues with cutting weight, and agreed to meet Verissimo at 175 lb
- Mir wins by knockout (knee and punches) at 4:21 in round two.
- Penn wins by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:37 of round one. Penn becomes the UFC Welterweight champion.
- Belfort wins by technical knockout (doctor's stoppage) at :45 of round one. Belfort landed a grazing punch to Couture's left eyelid, prompting the ringside doctors to call a stop to the bout. Belfort becomes the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion.
The total fighter payroll for UFC 46 was $540,500.
- Vitor Belfort: $130,000 ($100,000 for fighting; $30,000 win bonus)
- Randy Couture: $120,000 ($120,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $80,000)
- Frank Mir: $90,000 ($60,000 for fighting; $30,000 win bonus)
- Matt Hughes: $55,000 ($55,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $55,000)
- B.J. Penn: $50,000 ($25,000 for fighting; $25,000 win bonus)
- Carlos Newton: $30,000 ($30,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $0)
- Matt Serra: $16,000 ($8,000 for fighting; $8,000 win bonus)
- Renato Verissimo: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)
- Josh Thomson: $8,000 ($4,000 for fighting; $4,000 win bonus)
- Lee Murray: $6,000 ($3,000 for fighting; $3,000 win bonus)
- Georges St. Pierre: $6,000 ($3,000 for fighting; $3,000 win bonus)
- Hermes Franca: $6,000 ($6,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $6,000)
- Wes Sims: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting, win bonus would have been $5,000)
- Jorge Rivera: $3,000 ($3,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $3,000)
- Karo Parisyan: $3,000 ($3,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $3,000)
- Jeff Curran: $2,500 ($2,500 for fighting; win bonus would have been $2,000)
- "UFC 46: Supernatural". Tapology.com. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Trembow, Ivan (2004-10-17). "Full Breakdown of Fighter Salaries for UFC 46, UFC 47, UFC 48, and UFC 49". MMAWeekly.com. Ivan's Blog. Retrieved 2012-10-20.