UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry
|UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||June 26, 2011|
|Venue||Consol Energy Center|
UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry (also known as UFC on Versus 4) was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on June 26, 2011, at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The event was broadcast on Versus in the U.S. and was broadcast on Rogers Sportsnet in Canada.
This is the fourth live UFC card to appear on Versus.
Matthew Riddle was expected to face TJ Grant, but was forced from the bout with an injury and replaced by Charlie Brenneman. However, just days before the event Grant was forced from the card due to an unknown illness. Without proper time to find a replacement the bout was scrapped.
Anthony Johnson was expected to face Nate Marquardt in the main event, but was forced from the bout with a rotator cuff injury and replaced by Rick Story. However, Nate Marquardt did not receive medical clearance the day of the weigh-ins and therefore pulled out of the main event. Charlie Brenneman, whose earlier bout with TJ Grant was removed from the card, stepped in to fight Rick Story, while the Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo fight was promoted to the main event. Dana White subsequently announced that Marquardt would be cut from the UFC due to the seriousness of the failed medical clearance but because of Pennsylvania health privacy laws, White could not disclose the specifics of the case 
The event drew an estimated 744,000 viewers on Versus.
|Heavyweight||Cheick Kongo||def.||Pat Barry||KO (punch)||1||2:39|
|Welterweight||Charlie Brenneman||def.||Rick Story||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Matt Brown||def.||John Howard||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Matt Mitrione||def.||Christian Morecraft||KO (punches)||2||4:28|
|Preliminary card (Facebook)|
|Featherweight||Tyson Griffin||def.||Manvel Gamburyan||Decision (majority) (29–28, 29–28, 29–29)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Javier Vazquez||def.||Joe Stevenson||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Joe Lauzon||def.||Curt Warburton||Submission (kimura)||1||1:58|
|Welterweight||Rich Attonito||def.||Daniel Roberts||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Nik Lentz||vs||Charles Oliveira||No Contest||2||1:48||[a]|
|Featherweight||Ricardo Lamas||def.||Matt Grice||TKO (head kick and punches)||1||4:41|
|Lightweight||Michael Johnson||def.||Edward Faaloloto||TKO (punches)||1||4:42|
- Originally, Oliveira defeated Lentz via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:48 of round 2. Oliveira landed an illegal knee strike to Lentz’s head while he was still grounded. The strike went unnoticed by the referee, but immediately preceded the fight ending submission.
Fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira
- Knockout of the Night: Cheick Kongo
- Submission of the Night: Joe Lauzon
- Morgan, John; Stupp, Dann (June 26, 2011). "UFC on Versus 4 earns reported 7,792 attendance figure for $562K gate". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- "UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry". ufc.com. April 6, 2011.
- "Fight card updates". ufc.com.
- "T.J. Grant withdraws from UFC on Versus 4, fight with Charlie Brenneman scrapped". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-06-22.
- Morgan, John; Stupp, Dann (June 25, 2011). "Marquardt scratched from UFC on Versus 4; Barry-Kongo now main, Story gets Brenneman". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Stupp, Dann (June 25, 2011). "Dana White says Nate Marqaurdt's UFC days are done following UFC on Versus 4 scratch". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- "UFC on Versus 4 preliminary card to stream on Facebook preliminary-card bouts". mmajunkie.com. June 20, 2011.
- "Versus Broadcast of UFC Live 4 Nets 744,000 Viewers". sherdog.com. June 28, 2011.
- Morgan, John; Stupp, Dann (June 26, 2011). "UFC on Versus 4 bonuses: Kongo, Lauzon, Oliveira and Lentz earn $50K awards". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved June 27, 2011.