|UFC 88: Breakthrough|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||September 6, 2008|
UFC 88: Breakthrough was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on September 6, 2008 at Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. The event was headlined by a light heavyweight bout between Chuck Liddell and Rashad Evans.
- Chonan defeated Carneiro via split decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–29).
- MacDonald defeated Lambert via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:21 in round 2. This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Liddell vs. Evans fight.
- Light Heavyweight bout: Tim Boetsch vs. Mike Patt
- Boetsch defeated Patt via TKO (punches) at 2:03 of round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Henderson vs. Palhares fight.
- Pellegrino defeated Tavares via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–27, 29–27).
- Kim defeated Brown via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28).
- Marquardt defeated Kampmann via TKO (punches) at 1:22 of round 1.
- Henderson defeated Palhares via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
- Franklin defeated Hamill via TKO (body kick) at 0:39 of round 3.
- Evans defeated Liddell via KO (punch) at 1:51 of round 2.
Each of the following awards resulted in an additional $60,000 payout to the participating fighter:
- Fight of the Night: Kurt Pellegrino vs. Thiago Tavares
- Knockout of the Night: Rashad Evans
- Submission of the Night: Jason MacDonald
Tim Boetsch ($16,000/$8,000 for show and $8,000 win bonus) def. Mike Patt ($5,000)
This does not include bonuses award money.
Total $1,260,000