|UFC 87: Seek and Destroy|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||August 9, 2008|
The card was headlined by a welterweight championship bout between champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Jon Fitch. UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman was first scheduled to fight Brock Lesnar, but an Achilles tendon injury forced him to withdraw. Heath Herring stepped in to fight Lesnar instead.
- Saunders defeated Thomas via submission (armbar) at 2:28 of round 2.
- Wilson defeated Bruno via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Light heavyweight bout: Andre Gusmao vs. Jon Jones
- Jones defeated Gusmao via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 30–27).
- Kongo defeated Evensen via TKO (punches) at 4:55 of round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Gamburyan vs. Emerson fight.
- McCrory defeated Cummo via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
- Maia defeated MacDonald via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:44 of round 3.
- Emerson defeated Gamburyan via KO (punches) at 0:12 of round 1.
- Florian defeated Huerta via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Lesnar defeated Herring via unanimous decision (30–26, 30–26, 30–26).
- St-Pierre defeated Fitch via unanimous decision (50–44, 50–43, 50–44).
At the end of the night, the UFC awarded $60,000 to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Georges St-Pierre vs. Jon Fitch
- Knockout of the Night: Rob Emerson
- Submission of the Night: Demian Maia
- Meltzer, Dave (2008-12-12). "Lesnar blasts UFC toward record year - Yahoo Sports Canada". Ca.sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Lesnar-Coleman Headlines UFC 87 in Minnesota on August 9". UFC.com.
- [dead link]