|UFC 59: Reality Check|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 15, 2006|
|Attendance||13,814 (13,060 paid)|
UFC 59: Reality Check was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on April 15, 2006 at Arrowhead Pond, in Anaheim, California, and broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States and Canada.
This was the first-ever UFC event held in California after the state's legalization of mixed martial arts contests. It was a sold-out show, and was one of the fastest sell outs in UFC history.
According to the California State Athletic Commission, there were 13,060 tickets sold, with a live gate of $2,191,450. The disclosed fighter payroll for the event was $539,000. 
- Welterweight bout: Derrick Noble vs. Thiago Alves
- Alves wins by TKO at 2:54 of Round 1. Noble was a late replacement for Drew Fickett, who withdrew from the bout due to injury. This was a preliminary fight that did not air on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- Lambert wins by TKO at 2:37 of Round 2. This was a preliminary fight that did not air on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- Terrell wins by rear naked choke at 3:08 of Round 1. The referee called for a break in the action in which Smith stopped fighting and Terrell did not, allowing Terrell to secure a takedown and sink a rear naked choke. In the following weeks Smith filled an appeal with the CSAC to change the result to a "No Contest", but all his efforts were in vain. This was a preliminary fight that was not aired on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- Parisyan wins by submission (strikes) at 4:44 of Round 1. The bout, although preliminary, was aired on the broadcast.
- Monson wins by split decision with scores of 30–27, 28–29 and 29–28.
- Tanner wins by triangle choke at 3:11 of Round 1. Levens replaced Jeremy Horn, who dropped out due to a back injury sustained during training.
- Sherk wins by unanimous decision with scores of 30–27, 30–27 and 30–27.
- Ortiz wins by split decision with scores of 30–27, 28–29, 29–27.
- Sylvia wins by KO at 2:43 Round 1 to become the new UFC Heavyweight champion.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
Tito Ortiz: $200,000
Andrei Arlovski: $90,000
Tim Sylvia: $90,000
Evan Tanner: $40,000
Karo Parisyan: $16,000
Sean Sherk: $16,000
Forrest Griffin: $16,000
David Terrell: $12,000
Nick Diaz: $10,000
Jeff Monson: $10,000
Jason Lambert: $8,000
Thiago Alves: $8,000
Justin Levens: $5,000
Nick Thompson: $5,000
Marcio Cruz: $5,000
Derrick Noble: $3,000
Scott Smith: $3,000
Terry Martin: $2,000
Total Fighter Payouts: $539,000
- UFC Fighter Salaries for 2006 (includes fighter salaries for UFC 59)