UFC Fight Night: Swick vs. Burkman
|UFC Fight Night: Swick vs Burkman|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 23, 2008|
|Venue||Palms Casino Resort|
UFC Fight Night: Swick vs Burkman referred to by the media as UFC Fight Night 12 was a mixed martial arts (MMA) event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on January 23, 2008 at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main event featured former The Ultimate Fighter contestants Mike Swick and Josh Burkman in a welterweight matchup. This event was Swick's debut at welterweight, as he had been competing at middleweight prior to the show.
- Wiman defeated Buchholz via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:56 of round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Corey Hill vs. Joe Veres
- Hill defeated Veres via TKO (strikes) at 0:37 of round 2.
- Stephens defeated Miller via TKO (strikes) at 4:44 of round 2.
- Pellegrino defeated Crane via TKO (punches) at 1:52 of round 2. This was the only preliminary bout aired during the broadcast.
- Maynard defeated Siver via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 30–27).
- Diaz defeated Robinson via submission (triangle choke) at 3:39 round 1.
- Tavares defeated Omigawa via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 30–27).
- Côté defeated McFedries via TKO (strikes) at 1:44 of round 1.
- Swick defeated Burkman via majority decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–29).
Fighters were awarded $40,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Gray Maynard vs. Dennis Siver
- Knockout of the Night: Patrick Côté
- Submission of the Night: Nate Diaz
The disclosed fighter payroll was $232,000. The individual payouts are listed below. They include the payment amounts for show and win, but do not include sponsor payments, fees, taxes, or special award bonuses.
- Mike Swick ($20,000) def. Josh Burkman ($10,000)
- Patrick Côté ($28,000) def. Drew McFedries ($10,000)
- Thiago Tavares ($18,000) def. Michihiro Omigawa ($5,000)
- Nate Diaz ($30,000) def. Alvin Robinson ($7,000)
- Kurt Pelligrino ($20,000) def. Alberto Crane ($4,000)
- Gray Maynard ($16,000) def. Dennis Siver ($7,000)
- Jeremy Stephens ($10,000) def. Cole Miller ($8,000)
- Corey Hill ($16,000) def. Joe Veres ($3,000)
- Matt Wiman ($16,000) def. Justin Buchholz ($4,000)
- "UFC Fight Night: Swick v. Burkman". UFC.com. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- Rios, Tomas (January 23, 2008). "An ‘Ultimate Fighter' Fight Night". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- UFC Fight Night 12 Salaries