This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of locations
|Y C Deveshwar|
ITC Hotels is India's second largest hotel chain with over 100 hotels. Based in the Hotels Division Headquarters at the ITC Green Centre in Gurgaon, New Delhi, ITC Hotels is also the exclusive franchisee of The Luxury Collection brand of Starwood Hotels and Resorts in India. It is part of the ITC Limited (formerly India Tobacco Company) group of companies. ITC Hotels is regularly voted amongst the best employers in Asia in the hospitality sector.
ITC Limited entered the hotel business on 18 October 1975 with the opening of a hotel in Chennai, which was renamed Hotel Chola. In 2006, ITC hotels owned and operated 100 hotels in 75 locations. ITC Hotels have a reputation of playing host to visiting royalty and world leaders time and again.
The group today operates under several distinct brands:
- Fortune Hotels, which has 54 hotels with 4,446 rooms in 41 cities across India
- Welcom Heritage Hotels
- "ITC Limited - One of the World's Most Reputable Companies". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "ITC - History and Evolution". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Welcomgroup tops Hewitt best employer". The Hindu. Chennai. 15 April 2009.
- "About us". ITC Hotels. n.d. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "President Bush arrives". Rediff. 1 March 2006. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "The Bill Gates suite at the Maurya"[dead link]
- Joseph, Josy (2 October 2000). "Chandragupta ready to host Putin". Rediff. New Delhi. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "Obama visit: US wants no-fly zone over ITC Maurya, Taj". hindustantimes. 26 January 2015.
- Our Bureau. "ITC Grand Bharat launched in NCR". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Fortune signs up Savoy Hotel in Mussoorie". Hospitality Biz India. 1 July 2009.